What's new

Be careful when buying a custom Humidor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
He bought a large cabinet/drawer that became a victim of shipping...
And more importantly UPS wrote back to Dave/Ed:
My name is Jeannie Crumbley with the Ups Declared value program. I was reviewing the claim mentioned above for the cabinet humidor that was damaged in transit. After looking through the photos on file of this damage & the ups inspection report, I am unable to approve this claim for payment due to insufficient packaging. The box was only approved for a maximum of 65lbs or freight shipping only. Moving blankets are not considered sufficient packaging with ups. I will make sure a letter gets sent to your location so you have all of the above details in writing for your customer. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and please feel free to contact me at the number below if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you for your assistance on this claim and have a wonderful Easter weekend!
For those wondering, humidor looked like:

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Smelvis' condition is known, for those who've known him for a while... He's been upfront with it, & I believe he's dealt with it in an outstanding way.

He's a straight shooting great brother, & I hope his future plans will make him as happy as I think they will.
I'm here guy's I'm okay I think they were talking about a humidor I bought. I am the same sick old fart I have been a little sicker but upright.

Thanks guy's. Now back to the topic :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you admins for cleaning this up. sorry that the thread was taken off topic.

Back to the point, be carful when buying from waxing moon.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am doing a search on waxing moon online and found at cigarpass a memeber posted something very simular to my experiance with Ed at waxing moon. So much so that ed needs to save up to repay the memeber as Ed has stated to me.

Those looking for a humidor, do not buy from waxing moon. I understand this will hurt my chance of getting a refund, but I would rather no one else have to deal with what I have delt with and seems as others have.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After spend some more time online it seems that there my be others having the same problem. People have posted on gun sites their problems with waxing moon. I am not sure if it is the same company as I am at work so I can not look at those forums. same goes with some cigar forums that I can not get into from work.

Those that care about the cigar couminty and are a part of other forums I ask that you spead the word to those looking for custom humidors to research all making them.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Swif...I feel your pain in that I know what you are talking about as a good friend of mine went into the same kind of deal with Ed as you did... only to deal with the same issues of going back and forth for almost a year. My friend paid for the humidor and waited nearly 6 months to get his product...there was always some kind of issue with why the humidor wasn't finished and phone calls, emails and such went on far too long. My friend didn't want to out Ed because of his popularity on many of the Cigar Forums but the way he was being treated just was too much to deal with. While Ed does make some beautiful humidors his sense of purpose to deal with his clientèle leaves a lot to be desired. As a result my friend stopped posting on cigar forums and withdrew his time from helping a ton of cigar/pipe people because he was so discouraged...he took a lot of flak from friends of Ed and it was totally wrong of them to pile on as they did. Ed needs to rethink how he does business and only build humidors that he knows he can get out to those who order from him. JMHO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swif...I feel your pain in that I know what you are talking about as a good friend of mine went into the same kind of deal with Ed as you did... only to deal with the same issues of going back and forth for almost a year. My friend paid for the humidor and waited nearly 6 months to get his product...there was always some kind of issue with why the humidor wasn't finished and phone calls, emails and such went on far too long. My friend didn't want to out Ed because of his popularity on many of the Cigar Forums but the way he was being treated just was too much to deal with. While Ed does make some beautiful humidors his sense of purpose to deal with his clientèle leaves a lot to be desired. As a result my friend stopped posting on cigar forums and withdrew his time from helping a ton of cigar/pipe people because he was so discouraged...he took a lot of flak from friends of Ed and it was totally wrong of them to pile on as they did. Ed needs to rethink how he does business and only build humidors that he knows he can get out to those who order from him. JMHO

Sorry to hear about your friend and him leaving the cigar community. I felt the same way at first. you can see I did not post here for some time. A lot of that had to do with this problem and thinking about what to do.

As I search more I see the great work ED has done and see he is moving humidors. This causes me to wonder why he can not do what is right for the customers that receive humidors with problems.

I can say I did feel the pressure from Ed's friends or people looking to protect Ed on antoher forum. I am not longer a memeber as to told the Admins, "If I can not express my thoughts and opinons to others about cigar business expreiances I have then I do not need to be apart of the communty" for that forum.

As I stated and will continue to state. Be careful if buying from waxing moon. reseach and work soem kind of deal for payment or have a contract drawn up incase you may have problems when the humidor arrives.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry to hear about your friend and him leaving the cigar community. I felt the same way at first. you can see I did not post here for some time. A lot of that had to do with this problem and thinking about what to do.

As I search more I see the great work ED has done and see he is moving humidors. This causes me to wonder why he can not do what is right for the customers that receive humidors with problems.

I can say I did feel the pressure from Ed's friends or people looking to protect Ed on antoher forum. I am not longer a memeber as to told the Admins, "If I can not express my thoughts and opinons to others about cigar business expreiances I have then I do not need to be apart of the communty" for that forum.

As I stated and will continue to state. Be careful if buying from waxing moon. reseach and work soem kind of deal for payment or have a contract drawn up incase you may have problems when the humidor arrives.
Good advice here...this is not about retaliatory action against another person but rather it's about doing business where both sides win. Conducting business is something that takes on more than just a friendly transaction sometimes albeit that is what we'd all like to have happen. There should always be a professional approach to taking care of business so that the consumer and the business operator are able to come to a reasonable conclusion. Business practices are subject to the wisdom of the owner as to how he does his business and from what I've seen in the last couple of years Ed needs a business partner to help him with that side of the job. His talent in making humidors is widely known but it's the other side of the business that is incomplete and sufferring.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see your troubles. I have an Aristocrat humidor and it's straight up perfect. Everything about it down to the smallest details is perfect. You pay for it but I'll never have to buy a humidor ever again.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Sorry to see your troubles. I have an Aristocrat humidor and it's straight up perfect. Everything about it down to the smallest details is perfect. You pay for it but I'll never have to buy a humidor ever again.
we all run out of room eventually. o)

OP, sorry to hear of your hassles.

Status
Not open for further replies.