What's new

Beer Bucket List

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Jeez not much left to live for then lol I better drink a 40 this weekend and remember where I came from lol

Mainly missing the strictly local stuff guess I need to get up to Ohio/ill

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Has anyone here tried the Westvleteren XII? I know some people that grabbed as much as they could last year.
I was lucky enough to get 2 of the 6packs. Cracked a bottle on new years eve with the wife. It was actually really good, and I'm not a beer snob at all. I was expecting a letdown after the release was so hyped up but was pleasantly surprised. Even my wife enjoyed it.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Has anyone here tried the Westvleteren XII? I know some people that grabbed as much as they could last year.
Nope, thats my #1 on my huge list of to try stuff. When the bricks were released last year WA was one of the states they did NOT distribute to and I was not willing to pay the second party outrageous price. It is frequently avaliable if you have the $$$ or HTF beers to trade.

As far as the list I have had 8/25 they listed. The others almost all aren't available here :cursing:

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have yet to drink a beer and have the near orgasmic experience many describe. Maybe my taste is not up to everyone else, but even these top beers are just really good beer to me. I think cult status is fed by overly dramatic reviewers and chasing the next white whale. There is plenty of great beer that is easy to get but it does not receive the hype of the small producers limited stuff. Its like hipsters and music or hipsters and anything really. I would bet that if everyone could get the top five beers starting next month, they would no longer be in the top 5 within 3 months. Just like some cigars in the past, so you know exactly what I mean.

Ive had a few of them probably. Hell I have pliny at the house now, but I get it for the wife. She really likes it, I just think its good beer. I am not much of a chaser however, and I tend to drink fresh local stuff. A well made local and fresh IPA will be better than far traveled and beaten in shipment Pliny. Plus when the beers get that highly regarded, and low in supply, they get way too rich for my blood when it only takes 3 weeks to make. Just a personal thing for me.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Is it wrong to have 2 cases of Zombie dust in my fridge and several Darks Lords? Btw no BCS Rare on the list? (One time release aged in Pappy Van Winkle barrels) W T F!?!? THEY best tasting beer I have personally ever had......

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Been lucky with friends and sharing beers. A handful left from this list yet to try. Many more on my personal list, but I've slowed down the pace of the chase. Kind of like with cigars, kickin back and enjoying what I like more and trying new stuff less.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Man, I have some serious work to do. I've had Pliny the Elder...one of my buddies used to live in Santa Rosa just down the street from RR and wanted me to come up when Younger came out...now I'm kicking myself for not going when he still lived there. I have a couple of bottles of DFH 120 in the fridge, but apart from those two I haven't had any of the rest :( I'm not even sure we can get the majority of those beers here in TX. Our antiquated (but beginning to reform) liquor laws have made it difficult if not impossible for a lot of craft brewers to distribute here. I've heard great things about Heady Topper and would love to try it...one of these days...

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
When there is only one MI beer on a list like this it makes me wonder. Too many good breweries around here to name at once and I can think of more than just a few more that would deserve some consideration for a top 25 list. But having said that, I love beer but don't get the concept of HTF beer. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I think there was 2 on there I have not had.....I geeked out on beer mega hard for a while. But I developed a hop allergy and can't drink beer anymore and have not had any in over a year. The list is fun but I disagree with the list. But it is all based on someones opinion. But really my list would be WAY cooler:assaultri I miss beer sometimes. CC's are my new vice of choice