What's new

Beer Discussion Thread

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I know there's a Rogue XS series beers. I never heard of anything XO before.

Be wary of going and trying all trappist. While I like them all to some extent the Orval is a very polarizing brew. It has a slightly sour funk that you either like or hate. Plus you need to be good at pouring because it has some seriously high carbonation. I personally love Orval but be prepared to pay $4.50-$7 per bottle for a 330cl.

If you really want to branch out into some funky stuff. Try Lindemans Cuvee Renee Gueze (orange label). That takes the funk and sour of Orval up a notch or three.

For something Belgian and not super high alcohol and very refreshing try Saison Dupont that's some tasty stuff.

Then there's all the stuff in my closet. I have over 10 cases of homebrew floating around the house.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
you should make a BOTL brew that pairs with the BOTL small batch?

I'd buy it.

:cbig:
I wish I had a brewery where I could do such a thing. Who knows maybe I'll eventually own one. Then I can make BOTL limited run beer that you guys have to drive to whatever state with a ticket to get the beer and cigars (of course there'd have to be a partnership).

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I wish I had a brewery where I could do such a thing. Who knows maybe I'll eventually own one. Then I can make BOTL limited run beer that you guys have to drive to whatever state with a ticket to get the beer and cigars (of course there'd have to be a partnership).
As long as you dip the caps with wax, i'm in!

Bsneed51

Lock and Load
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have all of the Boulevard offerings in StL, give Tank 7 and Dark Truth a try. I love Tank 7. Also, anything made by Founders has been outstanding, especially Breakfast Stout, Porter, Red Rye PA, and their Imperial Stout. Left Hand Brewing company has some good beers. I like their milk stout, and especially their Smoker Jumper smoked porter. Man, I could talk about beers almost as much as I could talk about cigars.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have a buddy that had an internship at Left Hand last summer, he says they're a REALLY cool company to work for. I've yet to try anything from them though...I'm gonna have to check that out.

tonight:

I saw tank 7, but tonight is my only night drinking this weekend so i had to get stuff i knew i'd like.

Last edited:

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Gonna rep SD here:

Alesmith - anything they make is liquid sunshine for your soul. Nautical Nut, Speedway, Xpa, and their Grand Cru... all faves.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Gonna rep SD here:

Alesmith - anything they make is liquid sunshine for your soul. Nautical Nut, Speedway, Xpa, and their Grand Cru... all faves.
Agree 100% They're releasing their Barrel Aged speedway Stout & Decadence this wednesday. Bummed I'm not going to be able to head down there.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Which year on that Decadence?
Barrel-Aged Beer Release:
BA Speedway Stout '09 & BA Decadence '08

The long-awaited moment will soon be upon us: the newest batch of AleSmith barrel-aged beer is set for release this month on Wednesday, June 15th.

This edition of BA Speedway, barreled in '09, is as good as ever. Excellent sweet boozey notes with accents of oak, vanilla, and pleasant oxidative aspects alongside the customary coffee and bitter chocolate roasted malt characteristics.

This has proved to be a very interesting edition of BA Decadence. The 2008 batch, an English-style barleywine aged in bourbon barrels, took on a pleasant sourness. Such quirks of nature can provide intriguing drinking experiences, like the many excellent wild ales being produced today. We think you'll enjoy this delightfully unconventional offering.

There will be a purchase limit of (4) four bottles of '09 Speedway Stout per person, and (1) one bottle of '08 Decadence per person, pending turnout. We want to make sure that everyone has a great time and gets a chance to get some of this highly-anticipated beer, so we reserve the right to change the limit as the sale progresses. We will begin handing out numbers at 8:30 am and the bottle sale will begin at 12:00pm, allowing you time to leave and return if need be.

**Alesmith cut the limit from 4 Speedway Stouts to 2.**

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Just wanted to mention that while at the store yesterday morning, saw a 6'er of the Bell's Oberon that I've read so much about on here and picked it up. What a great beer!! Will definitely be stocking the fridge with more of that, this summer!

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Didn't see it on here SIERRA NEVADA oh man they make some good beer. Sierra Nevada pale ale is my go to beer. If you can find an "estate" (which utilizes only hops they grow) it's good too.
Their bigfoot barley wine is good if you can stash it in the closet for about 2 years or so while it mellows.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I finally had a chance to try Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. I have to say that is probably the best beer I've ever had. Now I'm sad. I only bought a 4 pack when I was in Atlanta last week, now I have to try ordering online.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I finally had a chance to try Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. I have to say that is probably the best beer I've ever had. Now I'm sad. I only bought a 4 pack when I was in Atlanta last week, now I have to try ordering online.
Just make an excuse & head to Memphis. Check beeradvocate to see which stores carry it. I think one was Joe's liquor & can't recall the other one.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
You got a four pack?

Which Doggfish is the uber premium one? My beer store sells both the 90 minute and a 60 minute BUT one of the two is only available by singles and its crazy expensive.

I'm thinking its the 60 minute.

Dogfish has expanded their distrobution, even my local grocery store sells 4 packs of dosfish ipa and that marion beer? (the one thats aged with wood or something - u know what i mean)