What's new

Beer O da day!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Damn Cliff, what a lineup! And a BCS vert going back to 06! Any note's for the differing years?
2006 was very drinkable (also the lowest abv) but you could tell it was starting to fade.
2007 had a huge bourbon nose but was almost a chocolatey taste. Very odd...
2008 was superb... The perfect amount of bourbon on the nose and on the mouth. It's definitely in a sweetspot.
2009 - 2011 was a blur and could be interchangeable through the years. It's crazy how the 2006 version started off with such a low ABV and every year it creeped up until it's the 15% monster that it is today.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
So, I've been convinced that 120min is actually good. This is really a great sipping beer. I have no clue if they've tweaked or "steadied" the recipe to make it more consistent, but I liked this last night.

Just a couple blondes from Tin Roof to get the day started.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Pallouse Falls Brewing in Pullman is closing on the 22nd so I revised all their beers with my best friend Saturday. I am going to miss the brewery, loved talking beer and bullshit with the owners. Purchased a growler, t-shirt, and pint glass for keepsake. Then went bar hopping afterwords to celebrate her graduating.

Left yesterday at 1pm to return home with a 15 foot trailer. The 300 mile drive got prolonged to 22 hours when they closed Snoqualmie pass for getting over a foot of snow in a few hours and dozens of crashes. Had to stop at a bar to to pass time and they ironicly had this so I had to drink it. And won a metal elk off of pull-tabs in the little hick town.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I had a long day yesterday. So when I got home I cracked a Slyfox Pikeland Pils for a shower beer to help me unwind. Then when I got back downstairs I opened a Troegs Impending Descent Imperial Stout. The stout was SUPER chocolatey.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
The coffee really sets this brown ale apart. You can't judge it against coffee stouts, but on it's own merits, it's good.

Very good... I enjoyed this one Mikey!

On the sweet side but not over done. This is a beast of a barleywine with all the flavors that go with it.

Don't pass this one up. Seriously good but has just a touch of licorice.

I like this one... Stout with a bit of sour to go with it. Interesting

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Been working through a growler of Palouse Falls Midnight Wheat Dunkelweizen tonight. Stuff drinks so incredibly smooth, sad its' my last time ever drinking it.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Celebrated the world ending with a good bit of beer. The Sound Brewing in the growler was absolutely delicious. Local brewery that makes higher end craft beer and never cease to amaze me. The Nitro Milk Stout I have finally been able to enjoy and now I under stand the hype. This will be a staple for me to continue to pick up. Supplication by Russian River cost me $13 but holy crap. Just holy crap! I usually don't like fruity crap but this well deserves the 99/100 score it has on BA. If you find it buy it! The cherry is just the right amount and masks the alcohol perfectly.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Elysian was good but it wasn't anything exceptional like the majority of their beers I have had. Still would give it a solid 80-85 personally.

Growler was full of a beer made right here in Kent by Airways brewing. The beer was Midnight Departure Seven Series IPA #5 (Cascadian Dark Ale) and was UNBELIEVABLE! This brewery will be going places now that they have started bottling their beers. Top shelf ingredients brewed by people who absolutely love what they do day after day. It is a Black IPA and is 7.2% but it drinks easy like soda. I would give this a high 90's.

Pike got opened after I drank the bomber of Elysian, growler of Airways, a pint of something my friend had in his growler that was okay. I started getting fuzzy at this point and can't give a good review on it.