What's new

Beer O da day!

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
What are you gents drinking today? And why? Tell me a little bit about it wont ya.

This Oktoberfest beer is really hitting the spot for me tonight. Beutful amber color with just the right amount of malty goodness to make me realize that even in Texas Fall will come eventually. Delicious! I may have a new fav Oktoberfest my friends!

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Having a Murpjy's Irish stout now. I love the few beers which are sold with the draughtflow aka draught style. Goes down smooth, low carbonation (which I love) and easily put down a 4 pack (low abv too).

Started out with a Grand teton Brewing Double IPA, first one for me, got a 4 pack last weekend. Nice sharp hops came through with a sweetness towards the finish. Overall greatly enjoyed it plus at an abv of 8 was not overpowering.

Attachments

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I still haven't been able to get past a good IPA...and this is my first go at the Double Jack. Very nice, crisp hops on the front...and finishes with some hoppy bitterness, yet a nice caramel/maltiness to balance it out. Purdy dang gouda!

That Ayinger Oktoberfest doesn't look to bad either!

Attachments

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Well at first I reached for the last bottle of Moose Drool clone that my father-in-law sent me. Couldn't do it. Last bottle. It's damn good. He added some extra grains to it and can't remember what they were (was drinking other homebrew when brewing said batch :laugh:). So instead I grabbed the last bottle of Boulevard Sixth Glass. From the Boulevard website on the name of the beer:
”Do you know what dwells in a glass?” asks Ole, in Hans Christian Andersen's The Watchman of the Tower. Better known for stories such as The Little Mermaid, Andersen wrote this short, cautionary tale for a somewhat older audience. Our quadrupel ale, also meant for the mature connoisseur, is a deep and mysterious libation, dark auburn and full-bodied, its sweetness deceptive. As Ole describes the glasses in turn, their contents become more ominous until, in the sixth glass...
It's a damn good Belgium Dark Strong Ale. It gave a sense of class to my dinner of fish sticks, bacon, and tomato slices :grin:. And at 10.5% I should sleep well tonight.

Dan

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Man that double IPA sounds good! I love a good double IPA. I'll have to pick up some of that sixth glass. I've been seeing it all over the place down here and keep passing on it. I've tried about all the other boulevard selections in that line up except for that one. Thanks for pushing me over the edge. Sure I will find something nice to drink today after a long ass night on call at the hospital!

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm stopping on the way home from the B&M today to get the new Guinness Black Lager. Heard very good things about it so far and can't wait to try it. A couple of the guys here at the shop had it today and said it was tasty. Got my tastebuds going for sure.