What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
image.jpg

I'm a stout whore (nohomo) and saw this little nugget of goodness at Trader Joes the other day and was like. Hmmm, I haven't had this before. Great pairing with the Ramon Bueso genesis project I just finished. What stouts are you drinking these days?

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I had Tart of Darkness a couple months ago. It was a good beer but I would hardly call it a sour stout. Its not very stouty at all. It's good though. It's a sour stout just like a black IPA is an IPA. It's dark for the sake of being dark and I didn't feel it had a whole lot of dark flavor to back up the color. I do suggest you try it though it's very good and even better if you just think of it like an ever so slightly roasty flanders sour.

I forgot to add this. If you want a sour beer that is unmistakably a stout, look for Jolly Pumpkin Maduragda Obscura, my spelling is prob wrong but its close enough for goole I bet.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Always loved Sofie...

P1040045.jpg

As for tart of darkness. I thought it was sour but not very dark. It looked dark but drank much lighter. I have heard of it going for as much as 19.99 my local has them for 16.99. Either way I will not be drinking it again. BUT it was sumwhat interesting and, I think, worth a shot once.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Found 3 bombers of Stone RuinTen hiding at a beer store on my way home from work last night. So one of those while grilling here in a bit.