What's new

Beer O da day!

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
1995 Sam Adams Triple Bock - Oldest beer I've ever had. Tasted like super sweet soy sauce and it took a lot to drink the small sample that I had... Pretty gross over all.

Eric.jpg

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
1995 Sam Adams Triple Bock - Oldest beer I've ever had. Tasted like super sweet soy sauce and it took a lot to drink the small sample that I had... Pretty gross over all.

View attachment 43510
Lol! Your description is awesome and I have heard that one described as soy sauce a few times now. That's one I think I will steer clear of. Hopefully you have something better to wash that down with.

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0

View attachment 43510
Lol! Your description is awesome and I have heard that one described as soy sauce a few times now. That's one I think I will steer clear of. Hopefully you have something better to wash that down with.
Yeah some good old Double Bastard got rid of the horrible taste!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0

View attachment 43510
There isn't much out there that will stand the test of time with out brettanomyces, bacteria, or heavy roast character. Well that's in my opinion. Just having a high abv does not mean aging potential. If it starts sweet/malty it will just get sweeter and well eventually oxidize in the bottle to having the soy sauce quality you so thoroughly enjoyed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight it's all about the Belgians!! Homebrewed Saison and Hoppy Wit going down REAL smooth. Probably gonna end up going out for an Oliva Saison with my next bottle :)

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
James, was the Dissenter worth the money? Stores around here are charging 22 bucks a bottle and for an IPL, that seems way too much....
That's crazy for an IPL. Clearly taking advantage of the limited release. I think I paid around $12.

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
James, was the Dissenter worth the money? Stores around here are charging 22 bucks a bottle and for an IPL, that seems way too much....
That's crazy for an IPL. Clearly taking advantage of the limited release. I think I paid around $12.
Yeah I think the bottle shop mis-priced the bottles (at least I'm hoping that's the case) because another local store had them for $10.