What's new

Beer O da day!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You know how sometimes in a movie, someone in a bar will just ask the bartender for "a beer"? Well, this is what "a beer" would taste like. This is the most inoffensive, harmless, unremarkable, beery beer I have ever had outside of a typical Bud/Miller/etc. What does it taste like? A beer. Hmm.

Edit: oh crap I take all of that back. While the taste is generic and inoffensive, I just noticed the smell. It smells just like wet, sweaty dog. Actually, ok. Imagine your beloved Lab, named Scooter. It's a hot September day in Texas and the dove hunting is going great. Scooter is having a blast retrieving the dove that you and your buddies are so skillfully shooting. In between the action, he is also having a blast rolling around in mud puddle in the middle of the sunflower field you're hunting. I think he also may have gotten frisky with your buddies' dog Skeeter, but you aren't sure. Anyway, 8 hours later, you're back at camp grilling up some jalapeño wrapped dove breast and drinking. After a few beers, your buddy is like "I dare you to smell Scooter's collar, I bet that %^## stinks. You see what he's been up to today?" If you took that dare and smelled Scooter's collar...this beer is what it would smell like.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Texican never been in there but that one looks interesting. I looked at their brewhouse list and saw a lot of fruit,lemon basil, wheat all that Yuppie stuff and now I remember why I've never been there. They have one or two stouts that are promising. They aren't far from Dos Jefes,a cigar lounge with weekend Jazz so may have to make a run and check them both out.

Glad you enjoyed the pour.