What's new

Beer O da day!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
My 1st from this years batch...

Not sure if my palate is getting more used to this style, but this is less sour than I remember it being. Still plenty tart though, and definitely some white grape funk going on here. Cherry & oak definitely both present as well. This is one unique beer...and I mean that in the good way.

Attachments

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0

Had this in the fridge for months and just opened it last night. Was an "OH SHIT" moment when I realized how good it is. For those that havent tried it this is VERY close to the DFH75 with a bit less hops.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Walk into the local beer store, and says to myself "Oh look Southern Tier; they make a barleywine?!? Gonna have to try it." I really am that easy and a little lucky. This Back Burner is pretty good.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Last night I indulged in 3 beers that all are personal favorites. I would recommend all of them to anybody trying to have a good hefeweizen.
Hirsch Bavarian-Weissbier Hefeweisse
Kapuziner Weissbier
Ayinger Bräu Weisse

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
This one gives last nights Supplication a run for it's money...

Reminds me of the Lips of Faith La Folie....only more refined. Similar amount of tartness, as both are quite sour...but the Sang Royal is more drinkable, perhaps due to having a better finish. Won't have a problem finishing this one myself tonight...

Attachments

Rating - 100%
153   0   0

Had this in the fridge for months and just opened it last night. Was an "OH SHIT" moment when I realized how good it is. For those that havent tried it this is VERY close to the DFH75 with a bit less hops.
Just rearranged my beer fridge to fit a bottle of this in it. Now I'm looking forward to it since I have not had it yet.