What's new

Beer O da day!

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
W.B. recommended this beer... Sand Creek Oscar's Stout.

Not sure what I'm enjoying more... the beer or kicking Warren's butt at Madden Football. Already won 3 games in a row.. lol.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Saturday Night:

Mother's Brewing Company Sandy (a hopped up wheat)
Sierra Nevada Hoptimum side-by-side with Bell's Hopslam
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA side-by-side with Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Redneck Beer Company's (Daniel's homebrew) Absent Apple Ale
Green Flash Hop Head Red
Boulevard Rye-on-Rye
Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti

Uhm... I think that's it... understandable if I can't remember them all.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
you'd think that if someone did a side by side, they would post their findings..............
In the Hop-off, the Hopslam was much better than the Hoptimum. Seemed cleaner, crisper, not as muddled.

In the Dogfish Head tasting... I think I liked the 60 Minute a bit better. They didn't even seem to be similar beers. I figured the differences would be a bit more subtle.

Best beer of the night... The Rye-on-Rye! LOVED it... on top of just some great beer flavor, it had a great underlaying profile of a rich bourbon. LOVED that beer. Wish I had gotten my hands on some. This is one that Daniel brought over for our dinner.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Eel River Brewing - Triple Exultation
The beer is 9.70% ABV but there is little alcohol taste on the tongue but the warming of the body sensation makes it very noticeable. The beer is very good! It was recommended to me by one of the owners of the beer store I go to. And its organic so I don't feel as bad drinking it.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Started with a Centennial IPA from Founders. Then a DFH Apricot and 2 of my last Founders Double Trouble. Now just cracked open a Terrapin Hopzilla.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Started with a Centennial IPA from Founders. Then a DFH Apricot and 2 of my last Founders Double Trouble. Now just cracked open a Terrapin Hopzilla.
I grabbed a 4 pack of hopzilla last week. Have tried 2 so far. Almost too syrupy for me, really thick.

What were your thoughts?