What's new

Beer O da day!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Let's see... Yesterday's lineup:

Really too much of a palette wrecker for me.

The base IPA tasted alright but it's really too malty/sweet with too little of apricot notes for me.

Picking up too much pine, sweetness/syrup taste with this.

Good, with some nice bourbon/oak notes. Not mind blowing but a solid offering.

Sweeter RIS, lighter body than most.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
While working on my patio I've been going back and forth between water and Spring House Brewing Seven Gates Pale Ale. It's nothing impressive but this is a new batch that is a bit hoppier than the previous formulation. Better bitterness to balance the beer out now.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Glad these came in a 4 pack and I'm not stuck with 5 more

LMFAO! Saw this when came out and was waiting for someone else to confirm it's nastiness before pulling trigger on a mistake...you are 2nd this week to say the same.
LOL, I pass on those every trip to the beer store. I check them out BUT thanks, MVP, for the public service announcement!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Glad these came in a 4 pack and I'm not stuck with 5 more

I said this before twice on this forum, but that is by far the worst beer I have ever had! Worst part is I was talking to a Click distributor(distribute DFH in WA) and he said they actually distribute a lot of that stuff!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I said this before twice on this forum, but that is by far the worst beer I have ever had! Worst part is I was talking to a Click distributor(distribute DFH in WA) and he said they actually distribute a lot of that stuff!
It sounds disgusting, I wish they would stop with some of these crappy beers and concentrate on stuff like 120 minute. You can get cases of Dogfish Head strawberry beer but good luck finding even 1-120 minute when it comes out.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
That T'weason ale tastes like crap because it's sorghum based. I don't know why they went with sorghum because that's what causes the strange bitterness and general not a good beerness. We had a 4 pack here at my house and I think there's two left.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That T'weason ale tastes like crap because it's sorghum based. I don't know why they went with sorghum because that's what causes the strange bitterness and general not a good beerness. We had a 4 pack here at my house and I think there's two left.
Is it Gluten free then? I have tried a few Gluten free beers that use sorghum instead of oats. I haven't liked them, but trying to avoid gluten might be what is increasing sales on something like that.

EDIT: Now that I can see the photo (not on my phone) I see it is labeled Gluten-Free. This is a huge deal right now with a lot of people going on fad diets or legitimately having to take gluten out of their diet. I bet that is why this stuff is flying off shelves.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey guys I'm looking for something very smooth with a lot of body to it. Not explored many micro brews so I could use the help of the brothers... Thanks.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It sounds disgusting, I wish they would stop with some of these crappy beers and concentrate on stuff like 120 minute. You can get cases of Dogfish Head strawberry beer but good luck finding even 1-120 minute when it comes out.
Amen brother! It is 10 times easier for me to get Pliny than it is to get 120 :(