What's new

Beer O da day!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Had my last Bells Third Coast Beer. Drank my last couple of Boulevard Sixth Glass, which is an awesome quad if any of you hesitate to pick it up.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Shared a Clown Shoes Blaecorn Unidragon with JB earlier. Now, JB is sharing a couple of 2010 My Father LE's. Damn good night. Thanks Justin!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Left the taproom...went to El Gaucho Steakhouse..

Had a Vodka tonic..

Followed by a wicked shrimp appetizer, and a Chateaubriand Tenderloin served table side for the main course..

And keeping in theme w/ the beer, had a Hopworks Organic Pale w/ dinner....

Smoked a Por Larranaga Encantos post meal in the cigar lounge w/ Costacoug...(thanks Matt/OGDog for the smokes btw!). Paired with some Balvenie Doublewood.

Dessert palate cleanser beer to finish'er off in a glass of Stella...

And now on my way home. Its not even 9pm!

Perhaps one of my favorite parts of tonight...the taproom had a few bottles of Allegash Odyssey, so I grabbed those....as I've really been wanting to sample something from Allegash. Great night, with a great BOTL. Women's and childrens left at home on this one!

(and yup, I'm still buzzed.....ok, maybe a Lil' bit drunk)...

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Just as good as it was last night when I opened it half-cocked.....

I'd easily put it up there w/ the RR Supplication as far as quality goes. Get a lot of sour green apple on this one. The color is definitely deceiving, as it's very light and refreshing.

This one definitely lives up to the "sour" billing....considerable tartness up front, which fades slowly on the finish and leaves you with a nice clean palate. Turns out it's a good beer to have at the tail-end of a bender...and also to start out your night with.

Those interested in this style...put this one on your to buy list if you see it. It's not cheap, but it's excellent.

Attachments

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Milk Stout Nitros, a few Founders Porter, Brooklyn Monster Ale, and another beer I forgot the name of. It was a good night.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
This one is nothing if not unique. About the "booziest" beer I've ever had. At 18%, I guess that makes sense. Bells Hopslam being the most recent candidate for that title, but the 120 takes that designation outright.

Lots of caramel, and sweetness w/ this one also...but I get more heat from the alcohol than I do the bitterness of the hops, which I must admit, is a bit of a let down for me. Still glad I was able to try it though...as its been a long time coming now.

Attachments