What's new

Behike?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm currently in Spain on vacation. I heard and read that they had an excellent selection of some of the harder to find cigars.

I was on the hunt for Behikes, never tried on before. After popping into multiple shops in Madrid and Sevilla who all said they had none, I walked into one in Sevilla and they were stocked full of 52 54 and 56.

Bought two 52s and a 54, paid between 40 to 48 euros per stick. They looked good on first inspection but after getting back to my room and inspecting closer I have doubts.

Thoughts?20180212_200626.jpg 20180212_200550.jpg

Attachments

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Welcome to the forum. Make sure you do an introduction in the intro thread, too. (Click Here)

As for those Behikes:
  • If the band is smooth, it's a fake. The real Behikes are embossed.
  • When you tilt the cigar around, there should be a hologram head that appears inside the golden head when the light hits it just right. If the head always appears inside the golden head, it's fake.
  • Behikes only come in boxes of 10. If you pulled those out of a box of 24 or 25, they're fake.
I'm also pinging the guys who I would ask @Nacho Daddy | @ChuckMejia | @Master Shake | @memphsdad

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. Yea I noticed lack of black border near lower part of main Indian head.

What are Stagnettos? Google showed a manufacturer from Gibraltar? Unfortunately never heard of them before. Yea I'm on the last leg of the trip in Barcelona now, any shops your recommend ?

P.S.- Credit card company is willing to get my money back but asked for some kind of letter from an "expert" stating they are fake. Have any of you dealt with anything like this and know of anyone online or in NYC area that would do this for a reasonable fee?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Thanks guys. Yea I noticed lack of black border near lower part of main Indian head.

What are Stagnettos? Google showed a manufacturer from Gibraltar? Unfortunately never heard of them before. Yea I'm on the last leg of the trip in Barcelona now, any shops your recommend ?

P.S.- Credit card company is willing to get my money back but asked for some kind of letter from an "expert" stating they are fake. Have any of you dealt with anything like this and know of anyone online or in NYC area that would do this for a reasonable fee?
Nah nobody will write you a letter, you got hustled but it happens bro. Take it as a loss and move on ... unless you can physically get back to the shop

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks fellas. I'm feeling better about getting taken, he had these up in the walk in humidor as singles along with a ton of others. Offered me boxes as well when he saw me picking a few up but I didn't have the budget for it so didn't even check them out.

If any of you know of a good shop in Barcelona send the info my way, will be looking to pick up some more sticks tomorrow before I get on the plane, doubt there will be a big selection at duty free.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Well, the first clue is that this shop had a lot, when others had none. And, most shops around the world have none, or very limited. Looking at the attached pic #434, the close up of bands on the back... look at the "B" in Cohiba. On one cigar, the holes in the letter B are filled in with gold. On the other, they are clear, lol. Many other discrepancies including squares not being the same cut, and the cigars don't look that great. I'd lean no bueno, sorry man.

If you haven't already, go to Estanc Duaso. It's well known and if it's good enough for Michael Jordan, it must be okay.
Carrer de Balmes 116

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Wow im so happy, when i looked at the pics i was pretty sure they were fakes. Would not have been able to do that when i came to this forum! Sorry bud, crap luck, but thanks for posting. Learning experience for lots of us.