What's new

Best Cheap Hygrometer?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
+2 for the hygrosetII. Have about 5 of them. Sometimes famous or CI offers free shipping from either the monster deals, mmao or deal of the day.....

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a good reccomendation for a hygrometer? I have been using heartfelt beads for quite some time (without a hygrometer) but figured I shoud get one for my desktop. I am thinking about the 4R Digital one in this link:

http://www.cigaradvisor.com/news/cigars/cigar-oasis-and-western-humidor-introduce-caliber-iv-and-caliber-4r-digital-hygrometers

Anyone have any thoughts on the 4R digital or any other reccomendations?
I do not think you can go wrong with the Western Caliber series. I have a III and it still rock solid and perfectly mimics my other calibrated versions.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I've got 3x hygrosets... Not a single problem with any of them...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried several of the cheap ones over the years. Western Caliber 111 is the best for me - followed by the Hyrgroset. I've also had the Xikars and Humicares which both seem not to last very long.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my hygros from cheaphumidors.com. The small rectangular hygros, I believe they're called Caliber III. I have one in my desktop, and one in a cabinet humi. They work! Only 20 dollars or so.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Another vote for the Hygroset II.

I used to have 3 Xikars. Two of them would not calibrate correctly, the other one worked fine. I tried a Hygroset, liked it and eventually switched all me desktops over to it.

For my coolidor and large desktop I have one of these from Ambient Weather. http://www.ambientweather.com/amws0100combokit.html Two sensors are in my cooleridor and one is in my large desktop. The control unit sits on my desk so that I can check all of my humidity readings without having to open my Humis. You can also calibrate them. The only downside is that the sensors are a little larger than I would like....not too bad though.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I probably have about 10 different ones that I've collected over the years but the one I really like is the Accurite they sell at Walmart for $8....I have 10 of them and they work great.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xikar round hygro currently available at Thompson for $12, I picked up 2 of them and they seem to work great right out of the box.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Another vote for the Hygroset II.

I used to have 3 Xikars. Two of them would not calibrate correctly, the other one worked fine. I tried a Hygroset, liked it and eventually switched all me desktops over to it.

For my coolidor and large desktop I have one of these from Ambient Weather. http://www.ambientweather.com/amws0100combokit.html Two sensors are in my cooleridor and one is in my large desktop. The control unit sits on my desk so that I can check all of my humidity readings without having to open my Humis. You can also calibrate them. The only downside is that the sensors are a little larger than I would like....not too bad though.
Like Rupe, I went w/ Ambient Weather since I knew I needed more than one. I bought THIS ONE but with six sensors that are a little smaller profile. (I have four in misc. humidors, 2 in tupperdors and will soon be switching it to top/middle/bottom in a wineador and a couple spares for desktops/tuppers or a cooler as needed) It will continuously cycle between up to 8 sensors so you have constant feedback without opening any humis (and releasing humidity) or pushing any buttons. There are also a couple base station options depending on what feedback you want.
(these are all the three station packages but can be purchased w/ 1-8 stations as desired)
yhst-37697109791737_2271_626086.gif
WS-07-X3-KIT
yhst-37697109791737_2271_4641889.gif
WS-08-X3-KIT
ambient-weather-ws-10-wireless-indoor-outdoor-8-channel-thermo-hygrometer-with-three-remote-sens.gif
WS-10-X3-KIT

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Just wondering what the dimensions of the smaller sensors are. I'm thinking this could be a great solution for a new wineador I'm building. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk