What's new

Best Cheap Hygrometer?

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Another vote for the Hygroset II.

I used to have 3 Xikars. Two of them would not calibrate correctly, the other one worked fine. I tried a Hygroset, liked it and eventually switched all me desktops over to it.

For my coolidor and large desktop I have one of these from Ambient Weather. http://www.ambientweather.com/amws0100combokit.html Two sensors are in my cooleridor and one is in my large desktop. The control unit sits on my desk so that I can check all of my humidity readings without having to open my Humis. You can also calibrate them. The only downside is that the sensors are a little larger than I would like....not too bad though.
Like Rupe, I went w/ Ambient Weather since I knew I needed more than one. I bought THIS ONE but with six sensors that are a little smaller profile. (I have four in misc. humidors, 2 in tupperdors and will soon be switching it to top/middle/bottom in a wineador and a couple spares for desktops/tuppers or a cooler as needed) It will continuously cycle between up to 8 sensors so you have constant feedback without opening any humis (and releasing humidity) or pushing any buttons. There are also a couple base station options depending on what feedback you want.
(these are all the three station packages but can be purchased w/ 1-8 stations as desired)
View attachment 36159
WS-07-X3-KIT
View attachment 36160
WS-08-X3-KIT
View attachment 36161
WS-10-X3-KIT
I like the idea of these.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Just wondering what the dimensions of the smaller sensors are. I'm thinking this could be a great solution for a new wineador I'm building. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They list as 4.5"x2"x0.75"
About the size of a pair of robustos.
I'll take a couple pics when I get home tonight...
(they have one smaller type, but it doesn't have calibration)
Also, compare prices between their direct storefront and their Amazon shop. (And remember to account for shipping costs) I noticed discrepancies both ways when I was shopping. Some cheaper one site, some the other, dependant on how many sensors.