What's new

Best cigar for no more than $4.00

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
5 Vegas series A Torpedo, Partagas Black Magnifico, Torano 1916, Cao Brazilia Samba, Montecristo Afrique Jambo Jambo, Fonseca Habana Seleccion #1.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Personally, the $4.00 price-point is my "sweet spot" for everyday NC smokes. Low enough price to be affordable, but high enough to hit the edge of the nicer stuff (if you don't mind smoking a lot of robusto-sized cigars). I like all of the following, most of which fall in the $3.50 to $4.00 range when purchased by the box:

- Padron 3000 natural
- Partagas Black Label Clasico
- Torano Exodus 1959 Silver Robusto
- Torano Exodus 1959 Gold Torpedo
- La Gloria Cubana Serie R #5 Natural
- HdM Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight II
- Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 Robusto
- Punch Rothschild Maduro-Maduro
- K. Hansotia Triple Ligero X3

If I had to pick just one, I'd say the LCG Serie R Natural has the best overall flavor, so that'd be my "winner"....but the best VALUE by far has to be the Punch Rothschild Maduro-Maduro. A totally different animal than the regular Punch Maduro, the little double-maduro bad boy is rich, syrupy, bold, and heavy cigar that rolls in right at $2.00 each.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The Punch Rothschilds come in three versions: natural, maduro, and maduro-maduro (aka oscuro). The sticker on the box clearly says "Maduro Maduro" so you'll know if you're picking the correct one.

This is the correct one:
http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/search/stats.cfm/inum/11422

(well actually, that's one of TWO possible correct versions, because they're available with or without cello. But the cigars should be the same, regardless of the cello wrap)

Look at the customer ratings there on Famous Smoke's website and compare the three types...you'll find the maduro-maduro rates noticably higher than the other two.

Can't go wrong at $2 bucks per stick! :yes:

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Is this $4.00 MSRP or $4 paid? I've gotten a few Gurkha Legends for $4 each on cbid, along with some RP Sun Growns and Padilla Obsidians.

I really like the Excaliburs, and some of those are down on that end of the price range.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Not me, but I just ordered several singles from the list above. Who knows when I will be able to try them either. Thanks for this list guys.