What's new

Best cigar for no more than $4.00

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
gurkha expedition series! can't go wrong with em (usually about $75)! also love the LFD el jocko #1 and 2 (usually can find them for < $100 a box). AF 858 maduro!! the punch roth maduro! always have them on hand.... gooooood stuuuffff!!

jeff

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
La Pearla Habana Black Pearl Rojo Super toro. $3.95. Fantastico for the price

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Boli PC - Cuban BoliVar Petit Corona
PLPC - Cuban Por Laranaga Petit Corona

Ok I recvd one of each from HB, smoked the but have not smoked either one... want to wait for the weather to get better so I can sit outside and enjoy it.

I did however smoke the Por Larranga Panatela that he sent and even though it was an mm, it still was very tasty!

I did however

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
"Best" cigars lists are just fodder for entertainment, imo. In any case, here are some noteworthy smokes that I enjoy for $4 and under ...

CAO Italia
Fuente 858, Chateau Fuente, Cuban Corona, Spanish Lonsdale
Hemingway Short Story
La Aurora
Padron 2000, Delicias
Perdomo Lot 23

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I was asking for each person's personal opinion of cigars they have tried, not anything from CA or Smoke mag or even top25... I am looking for some input for purchasing possibilities, that is all...

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I understood. However I'm not not sure I understand why you feel opinions here carry any more weight than those posted at Top25 or written in Smoke magazine. (I deliberately left out CA as I feel reviews there are at least somewhat biased.)

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Smoke can depend on advert's like CA and top25 well... there is no way to narrow searches down, only if you know what you are looking for can you find what you are searching for... with this input I can go to top35 and get reviews and make up my mind from that... input is always helpful and I take suggestions first from those I know then, mags, catalogs and such... since i have gotten some good advice on here so far, felt I could trust the input... as I have gotten some good ideas for smokes already by this and the cigar reviews posted by others on this board.

I think I can state that since 8-5-8- and Padrons have been mentioned multiple times then these are probably cgars worth trying...

ATCdub bought some of the heming's when he was up here, now you mention them... what do you like about them?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I also love Padron and know your a maduro guy. The 2000 is too strong for my liking. Clay gifted me a 3000 with age and was damn good. I recently been liking me some Padron Londres maduro for under $2.50 each. Think the size is 5 1/2 x 42, like a petite corona size.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I figured I'd get in on this discussion. Being a grad student and a newbie, I have more than enough reasons to know about cheaper- end premiums (no, Phillies blunts aren't premiums... at least to me!)

Anyhow, I prefer larger rg maddies, so this likely reflects that:

CAO Brazilia
Padron 5k (any padron, really)
5 Vegas Series A (add some age and they're one of the best I've enjoyed!)
Sancho Panza Double Maduro
Cu-Avana Maduros (some hate 'em, some like 'em - nice twang/ citrus)
Gurkha Ancient Warrior (depends where you get them - have heard they're more expensive elsewhere)

Just a few that came to mind...
ZugbugPete

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I figured I'd get in on this discussion. Being a grad student and a newbie, I have more than enough reasons to know about cheaper- end premiums (no, Phillies blunts aren't premiums... at least to me!)

Anyhow, I prefer larger rg maddies, so this likely reflects that:

CAO Brazilia
Padron 5k (any padron, really)
5 Vegas Series A (add some age and they're one of the best I've enjoyed!)
Sancho Panza Double Maduro
Cu-Avana Maduros (some hate 'em, some like 'em - nice twang/ citrus)
Gurkha Ancient Warrior (depends where you get them - have heard they're more expensive elsewhere)

Just a few that came to mind...
ZugbugPete
Ah a CI man..:glassesgr