What's new

Best Cigar you have smoked

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I am relatively new to cigar smoking, and i am not real fimiliar with all the brands, I thought it would be intersting to start a thread describing the best cigar everyone has smoked.
List the important details and maybe a quick review. I guess it's kinda like a review! Feel free to add as many smokes as possible.

I would start but I haven't smoked anythign in a while that is worth mentioning!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
No question, the Cohiba Reserva gifted to me by Ken at the San Diego herf this year. Partly because of the cigar, partly because of the gift, and partly because of the company I was smoking it with.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The OR Opus DC's I smoked with my buddy on my back deck a few years ago. We enjoyed the cigars so much that we were just giggling like a couple of kids towards the end. The 83' Party lonnie I had last winter gifted by a buddy in SoCal that I smoked with some buddies while visiting them, WOW! I just wanted to eat the nub! There are really so many and some shared moments that this is the reason why I took up this hobby so that I can sit back and just be with some friends and family.

Bowhnter

Backyard Smoker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't know! I am having a real problem with that.

About 15 yrs ago, when I only smoked a cigar here and there when I still smoked cigarettes, someone gave me a CC. I THINK it was a Monte, but am not certain. It was by far the best cigar I have ever smoked. Nothing over the last 8 months since I have started has come close.
I hesitate to say it was a MOnte, becasue the one I had a few weeks ago was not close either.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
believe it or not, a 7 yr old macanudo prince phillip.

my wife bought if for me when she found out she was pregnant back in 2000. smoked it on 7 mile beach in Jamaica on a vacation at a Couples resort. no kids, just the wife and i. fabulous experience!!!!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
but the best tasting cigar, despite the occasion...

opus x reserva de chateau. smoked it on my 6th wedding anni. fabuloous as well

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
'course, there were those 10 yr old Dunhill nicaraguan green labels what i smoked with my borthers and dad on fathers day 2008.

fabulous as well

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I would say an Opus X I smoked last October, like Electric Sheep said in his post, the person who gifted it to me as well as the experience I had hanging out with an old friend I had not seen in years definitely added to the experience.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
but that partagas lusitania from 03 that got torched on labor day this year while sitting with a couple of my brothers was pretty good too.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
but then again, that cohiba siglo VI that got passed around 4 of us along with a bottle of knob creek while sitting on a rock in a river bed in monaghela state park in WV...that was nice too.

we finished the bottle about the same time the cigar finished...

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
but in reality, i'd have to think that royal jamaican maduro that i smoked back in 1995 must have been the best ever. it was my first, my very first, and i was hooked after that, so it had to be the best. right?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The best tasting was definitely my first CC, a Monte #2. My favorite of all time, though, was probably my first Oliva V simply because that was the cigar that turned me from a casual smoker who would occasionally bum off my friends to a truly interest consumer of fine tobacco products. I remember nearly burning my fingers because the nub of that cigar tasted so damn good.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
No question, the Cohiba Reserva gifted to me by Ken at the San Diego herf this year. Partly because of the cigar, partly because of the gift, and partly because of the company I was smoking it with.
Hear hear! Though I'd say partly because of the cigar, partly because of the gift, and mostly because of the company I was smoking it with.