What's new

Best Corona Gorda

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
As mentioned the Boli Coronas extra & RyJ Cazadores are two of the strongest Cuban cigars out there. But they are not Corona Gordas.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
If you got the $$ Siglo IV is the best and if you look you can find the with a couple years age.

If you want power Boli RC, CE or Coronas and Partagas 898's. Most any Robusto will last 45-60 minutes I like the RASS and it fits the time frame.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I cant speak for cigars I've never had, and you shouldn't be too confined by the vitola. But that's absolutely your prerogative so I defer to your request.

The cigars you mention are mostly earthy and dusty with some cocoa and a bit sweet, iirc. Pretty strong too, maybe medium full? It's definitely not spicy like LG or opus.

The closest cc to what you mention would be the Rafael Gonzales corona extra (its a cg), the the Juan Lopez #1m and then maybe the Hoyo Epi Esp, and I'll throw in the hoyo des dieux (not as strong as others and needs considerable humi time).

My other suggestions for this profile are monte edmundo, saint luis rey pacificos, and vegas robainas unicos or clasicos, then maybe the cohiba genios. These are pretty rich in that chocolate department and great smoking young as well, but not very strong.

Ramon allones extra are rass on steroids. Very deep dark fruits. Like a maraschino cherry dipped in high cocoa dark chocolate.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

hdlr

Large Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My favorite CG is a JL No. 1 but it definitely isn't a strong smoke. Mag 46 is up there too but I wouldn't say it's very strong either.

If you're not bent on the CG size, I'd go with the previous suggestions of 898V, Boli CE or RyJ Cazadore. Although I'm not sure how the Cazadore will smoke fresh.

audio1der

Cuban cigar snob #1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinions are like... you kow.
IMO, H Upmann MAG 46 for value. the Sig VIs are hard to beat when on, but are pricey and subject to on/off variances like any other Habano.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
thanks! have a box, maybe late '10, probably early '11. i have enjoyed them so far, but have not the CC background to chime in yet. just really never had a CC SLR, and the size was right for me.

audio1der

Cuban cigar snob #1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you enjoy the SLR taste profile the Series A are wonderful. Toasted tobacco with hints of oat and nutmeg. Thank God my big stick acquisition year happened to be 2006 (great smokes).