What's new

Best NA drinks to match with cigars?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like sun tea, and just recently starting liking a Cuban coffee. I know a lot of people put a shot of rum in the original, but I just use Cafe Bustelo, brew it in a french press or one-cup Melitta cone, put some brown sugar down in the bottom of the cup, pour about half a cup of coffee on top of that, stir, and then fill the cup up with half and half. It goes really good with a "creamy" cigar. :tonguerol

JGD

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
When it comes to non-alcoholic beverages I am a coffee guy. Hot or iced, as long as its strong I love it. That being said, I only will have coffee with full bodied smoke. When coffee is not available, or I'm smoking a more mild stick, I will go with a seltzer.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
try a dark and strong breakfast tea with a splash of milk/creamer and sugar to taste.

Will complement any cigar superbly.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Hot chocolate is FANTASTIC. depending on the stick, sometimes mint hot chocolate is even better. i also vote for dr. pepper or the tea family

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of great suggestions. I am surprised but intrigued by the sweet ones like hot chocolate. That never would have occurred to me - still don't know if I like the idea, but I may give it a try - especially now that cooler weather is setting in. Diet Dr Pepper sounds like a definite winner. It has a fairly complex flavor profile and I already know I will like the combination.

I completely agree with St. Pauli NA and Kaliber - my two favs. The first is a hoppy lager the 2nd has a richer maltier ale flavor.

It is nice to see some others who are riding the wagon with me. life is good!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If I'm smoking a cigar I've never smoked before I'll only drink water so I can pick up the flavors of said cigar.

Any other time, I'm a fan of pairing mild cigars with mild coffee (ex. Folger's Classic Roast). If smoking a stronger cigar, I'll pair that with a bolder coffee (ex. Folger's Black Silk).

You can also never go wrong with a sweet tea -- Gold Peak is delicious. I've yet to pair my cigars with soda... Dr. Pepper sounds interesting...

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Also i haven't done it in a while, but during the cold months
I like to pair my cigars w/ a mixture of organic yerba mate &
green rooibos tea! You get a ton of antioxidants which counter
the effects of smoke and nicotine in your body and the flavors
cleanse the palate and really allow you to enjoy your cigar
at the same time!

You can find the green rooibos at http://www.mountainroseherbs.com $12/lb

and i use Eco Teas organic yerba mate because it's unsmoked $8/lb

and if you really want to keep it sugarfree use stevia!

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Actually - it's 11 years today...

I'm enjoying a La Ricky PR with a can of ice-cold Dr. Pepper!
congrats :guitar:

9 years for me...

some of my fav's are

vitamin water zero
diet white birtch beer
strong coffee (black)
chocolate milk (if you have never tried it with a cigar u r missing out!)
black tea

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Nada...Especially when I am reviewing a cigar, or trying a new cigar for the first time.

I feel that anything can affect the flavor profile and subtle nuances ...Why risk that?