What's new

Best "Short Filler" Cigar Ever?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You spout hate on every forum that you have ever been on, all 100 of them.
JD
I don't always drink beer, but when I do...

You forgot to mention that I am also on the MercedesBenz and Style forums; and for some reason - on michiganmushroom forum :)

Last edited:

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
If nothing else.......

There it's a whole lot of passion surrounding DE and their cigars. Passion is what makes this such a wonderful hobby, endeavor, enterprise, etc... Smoking, aging, reviewing, growing, rolling, selling or buying, most of us are here because we are passionate about our cigars.

For one cigar (or cigar maker) to have so much emotion tied to it speaks volumes and to me shows a huge success by the folks at DE. Carry on my friends

No opinion of the PF until I can form my own.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I thoroughly enjoyed the PF... full on flavor and a nice starter kick to overcome the numbing my tongue took from dinner. When they get released I will definitely be investing in some to add to my collection. Great short smokes regardless of the negativity associated with short filler. Another winner in my book by DE!

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I smoked one of these last night, it was gifteed to me. As far as construction, it was spot on just like other LP products, which I so dearly love. Concerning the flavor, I did not enjoy it, it was not bad, just not something I would buy or smoke again. I will say this, it is much bigger than I thought it was going to be.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Hey Jd, Steve are these going to be sold only at B&Ms that have a LP contract? Just wondering as my local shop only sells Undercrown & Acids.

PS: How dare you tell us exactly what a product is made of, what it costs us to purchase, how it's made, explain the whole production process & expect us to buy it! The nerve!:shame::innocent:

Ted

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hey Jd, Steve are these going to be sold only at B&Ms that have a LP contract? Just wondering as my local shop only sells Undercrown & Acids.

PS: How dare you tell us exactly what a product is made of, what it costs us to purchase, how it's made, explain the whole production process & expect us to buy it! The nerve!:shame::innocent:

Ted

At least for now they will only be available at Liga Privada appointed merchants!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, I wondered why this thread was getting so long, people love to always put their .02 in. So, here's mine. Why the tin? Why not wrap in paper like Origen? I'm sure it is marketing, as to differentiate, and thus charge more. Are these going to be bundled and sold in cabs of 50 like, say the Tatuaje petite cazadores reserva? And, if so, would they still be $300?
Fair question... and yes it does increase the cost. ALL packaging does...

When we create a package for a product, we try to accomplish three basic goals:

1) Protect the product for International Shipping.

2) Make the product eye catching - there are so many cigars in any cigar store, trying to stand out in some way is important in order for customers to see it.

3) Convey visually the type of experience the cigar smoker will enjoy when they smoke the product.

All of these elements are critical to good packaging imo.

I know somefolks will say, "screw that - just put them in a bundle and sell 'em for less!", the sad fact is while it sounds good, it simply does not work.

If this actually worked, we would love to be able to do this because packaging is a total pain in the ass.

We are cigar makers, not printers, not box makers, not aluminum extruders... I would love to be able to just sell bundles, but the reality is MOST customers would never buy them and they certainly wouldn't pay fair market value for cigars packed in a bundle.

The ONLY time you can get away with such simple packaging is when it is in keeping with the Brand's style such as MUWAT or if the brand is uber-established and desired like when we throw Liga Privada UF-4s in a limited-release bundle. But trust me, if we had a lot of UF-4s and we always bundled them it would eventually diminish the cigar's worth in the eye of most consumers.

So whether we like it, you like it, our Mom's like it... packaging is key part of the business.

This is true for all consumer products, but in the case of handmade cigars it is double true because Cigar Packaging has always been an art form in itself. Even a jaded bastard like myself loves to open a beautifully designed cigar box, marvel at the vistas, look at the details in the rings - it just wouldn't be the same ripping the zip strip on a plastic bundle of nude cigars...

One more thing in the case of Papas Fritas packaging, the 4-ct tin was design to fit perfect in a shirt or coat pocket as I see it as a potential cigar of choice for the hardcore cigar guy like myself who wants a lot of flavor but in moments where you don't have the time or place to spark up a $12 Liga Privada - so the packaging was designed with this "to go" aspect.

I can only imagine the debate this will spark... <snicker>

BR,

Steve Saka
CEO, Drew Estate

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
One more thing in the case of Papas Fritas packaging, the 4-ct tin was design to fit perfect in a shirt or coat pocket as I see it as a potential cigar of choice for the hardcore cigar guy like myself who wants a lot of flavor but in moments where you don't have the time or place to spark up a $12 Liga Privada - so the packaging was designed with this "to go" aspect.

I can only imagine the debate this will spark... <snicker>
"Pssshhh. These cigars are obviously manufactured for the 1%. I mean, they're assuming everyone is "on the go" mobile professional who wears dress shirts or suit coats with fancy pockets. We can't all afford fancy shirts and suits to be able to carry your fancy cigars! What a bunch of elitests!!!"

:smokingbo

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Thanks again for all of the info Steve. Any info with regards to a potential street date? I know nothing in this business is a firm.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm sold...

I'll try it...

am Sure I'll love it...

Then of course, will never be able to find it any where.. SHIITEEET .................