What's new

Best steakhouse?

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I am curious as someone who loves steakhouses what have been the best ones you've been to? My favorites are Prime 112 in South Beach, Abe & Louies' in Boca Raton, and SW at the Wynn in Las Vegas.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Baker Peters in Knoxville, TN is hard to beat...

Peter Luger in NY is incredible...

But the best steak I have ever eaten in my life was a bone in rib eye.. at Delmonico in New Orleans..

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
III Forks in Dallas was pretty good about 10 years ago. Too flashy for me though.

I think I heard TravelingJ say it one time, that he absolutely refuses to pay for a mediocre overpriced steak, that he himself could perfect for a hell of a lot cheaper. Ever since then, my favorite steakhouse has been my place.

but III Forks was good!

-Chrisso

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Baker Peters in Knoxville, TN is hard to beat...

Peter Luger in NY is incredible...

But the best steak I have ever eaten in my life was a bone in rib eye.. at Delmonico in New Orleans..
Some people I work with went to Delmonico's in Vegas during the IPCPR, and they weren't too impressed. The time I went to the SW at the Wynn my friends and I intended to go to Delmonico's, but was told there was two hour wait so we walked across the street.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok my all time favorite is Charlie's Steak House in Kissimmee FL. They cook the steaks over and open grill using orange wood.

Other than that Ruth Chris Steak House is always good!

This is making me hungry

Heath

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I think I heard TravelingJ say it one time, that he absolutely refuses to pay for a mediocre overpriced steak, that he himself could perfect for a hell of a lot cheaper. Ever since then, my favorite steakhouse has been my place.
Something to be said for this for sure... I can go buy a very nice, very well aged, super premium cut of beef from my butcher... and have just as nice a meal in my home as I can at a steakhouse.. (if not better).. for less than half the price...

but...

there is some value in not having to screw with it for an hour on the front end (prep time, cooking, etc..)... being able to sit down.. enjoy an hour with the wife over a great meal and a nice glass of wine.. and when the last bite of food hits my mouth.. stand up.. walk away.. and be done with it..... no clean up.. etc...

I still enjoy a good "night out" occasionally..

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Ha even before reading TJ's response, that is the mind set I have. This could be also that I am not the biggest steak person like a lot of people but I enjoy a home cooked steak just as much as one from a steakhouse. Maybe I just haven't had "the one" yet when out and actually having a steak though. About 9 years ago I had a $30 steak and then that same week had a home cooked one that blew it out of the water.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Ok so I agree with the other guys with cooking at home, I just really prefer what I cook more.

That said I. The Boston area, Abe &Louis,Grill 23, and the best steak I have had out was at 3 Forks in Austin, TX.

I know I will over pay going out to a steak place, but for me and my wife it is about relaxing sitting down and enjoying the moment and each other or other friends too.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Gene and Georgettis - Chicago - Old World Steak House
The Steakhouse at Circus Circus - Las Vegas If you don't believe me, try it
Maestros - Beverly Hills - Top of the line

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Manny's in Minneapolis is pretty good. Also, I'm a sucker for getting the 'meat sweats' at any Brazilian steakhouse, particularly Fogo de Chao.

KK33