What's new

Best Sticks from the 1990’s?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man, so I've mentioned them before on here but the Davidoff Mouton Cadet #6...miss it dearly and am glad that I had a chance to enjoy bunch of them.

About what @ChuckMejia said about Fuentes and the 3 year time line...a few weeks ago my buddy brought some Anejo Shark's from 2012 and they were effing amazing. I'm not a Fuente Fanboi, but daayam that Anejo was unique and delicious. Unlike anything else. 8 years in the making man. I've smoked a couple Opus's each year since the mid 90's and can't say that any have made an impression. Good yes, but not good enough to remember.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Man, so I've mentioned them before on here but the Davidoff Mouton Cadet #6...miss it dearly and am glad that I had a chance to enjoy bunch of them.

About what @ChuckMejia said about Fuentes and the 3 year time line...a few weeks ago my buddy brought some Anejo Shark's from 2012 and they were effing amazing. I'm not a Fuente Fanboi, but daayam that Anejo was unique and delicious. Unlike anything else. 8 years in the making man. I've smoked a couple Opus's each year since the mid 90's and can't say that any have made an impression. Good yes, but not good enough to remember.
For those who have had the aged Añejo experience (really pretty impressive), try the Diesel Whiskey Row PX Sherry Cask. Tastes just like aged Añejo.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ive had some 90s davidoffs that were great, probably some opus and certainly a lot of old cubans. I remember the Davidoff, I don't remember much of the rest. The oldest I remember is a box of pre embargo cubans a friend had for his 40th. That was very cool.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had some 90s davidoffs that were great, probably some opus and certainly a lot of old cubans. I remember the Davidoff, I don't remember much of the rest. The oldest I remember is a box of pre embargo cubans a friend had for his 40th. That was very cool.
I scored a few tins of early 2000’s Davidoffs, wish he had more hidden away. That pre embargo is crazy cool, I’m jealous. How was it?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I scored a few tins of early 2000’s Davidoffs, wish he had more hidden away. That pre embargo is crazy cool, I’m jealous. How was it?
It was pretty amazing. Big collector buddy of mine that owns Purotrader.com. He always has insane stuff, had a huge walk in humidor but this was next level. It was just impressive how well they smoked. They still had a lot of flavor for something 60 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The 90's were a tough time to get consistent, high quality cigars. Just too much demand and limited supply. Some of the companies that were really bringing it back then were Bahia, CAO, and Camacho. Don't know how any of these would smoke 25 years later though....

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Without knowing what is there, it is hard to say. Some stuff is great from that time, some of which is no longer produced. Some is crap - aged very, very poorly. Some is just fine. You need to try it for yourself, for what you may like may not be what someone else likes - and what you think sucks, may be someone else's nirvana.

So even knowing what is there, I may say, "buy all the **** you can get your hands on. And while I may love it, you may find it lackluster - or versa vice.

That's what is so great about cigars.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
La Gloria Cubana in the 90's were at the top of my list.

I still have a couple from 1995 that are very nice.

They have mellowed a great deal, and are only a shadow of their former greatness, but they still shine for me.

I also have a few Camacho Corojo from 2001 (crop of '97 ) that have more than respectable flavor and aroma left.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those who have had the aged Añejo experience (really pretty impressive), try the Diesel Whiskey Row PX Sherry Cask. Tastes just like aged Añejo.
Ohhh man, so I picked up some Sherry PX last year after reading your comment and its been an adventure since.

To make a ling story short, it took 6 months for the ammonia to leave and the excess moisture to leave. Now I'm at a year later and yes, I can see where you've found a link in the flavors. So it still took some time, but not as long as the Anejo needs and its 1/2 the price. Its close and is a good substitute. Enough that I'm thinking about getting another box to store away. Thanks for the tip on them Sherry PX.

By the way I also tried the Sherry PX Whiskey and its pretty good stuff too!