What's new

Biggest loser-2016

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Ok, so here is my weigh in because I am not a morning person to get it done tomorrow morning.

This is a bit embarrassing, but over the past 4 years I have seriously ignored my health and put on just over 40 lbs. I had my yearly physical on Dec 8th and was the heaviest I have ever been. My blood pressure was terrible and my concerned Doctor ordered more tests. Here are some numbers from December 8th
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452483404.055336.jpg

I started eating a little better and was put on blood pressure meds and gave more samples of blood right around Christmas and here are those numbers from that visit. Lost a few lbs and pressure was better, but still a bit high.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452483494.213049.jpg

Last week I got a call that my test results show I am at risk for heart disease and diabetes, so this "contest" comes to serve as a bit of motivation. I am not at all concerned about winning this, just need to get the weight and numbers to a better place. I go back in for testing the day after this contest ends so I want to work hard and see some drastic improvement.

Without further ado, here is my weekly weigh in (ugggh)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452483687.789914.jpg

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Well did my weigh in tonight. As like Craig I'm not a morning person either. I started working in an office, not working out and eating poorly around 9 years ago. In that time I've put on 100lbs. I have a daughter that's nearly a year old and another daughter due in June. I don't want to be one of those dads who's too big and out of shape to play with my kids. This contest is more of a support program for me than anything else. Good luck to everyone and may we all accomplish our goals and get healthier.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Well crap. I meant to get involved in this and spaced on it. Packages were due out today right? And it looks like weights are due this morning and I'm already at work.

I'll still play along in spirit if nothing else :)

Anyone use use the my fitness pal app to track food?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well crap. I meant to get involved in this and spaced on it. Packages were due out today right? And it looks like weights are due this morning and I'm already at work.

I use my fitness pal. Over the summer is when I was told about. From May until August I had dropped about 30 pounds and it was a big help. Unfortunately I quit my diet and have gained most of it back, so hopefully cigars and all the brothers of the leaf will be great motivation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0

I use the my fitness app. It's a good way to make you aware of how much you eat.

Shoot usmc a message, may still be able to get in of you can get everything knocked out today.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Let's get this thing rolling! Best of luck to everyone involved, but more importantly great job on committing to make a lifestyle change. I have only been involved with the BOTL for a few weeks but I have already seen ample amounts of acceptance, helpfulness, and comradery. Similar to others joining in on this challenge, I am less interested in winning and more interested in getting myself back on track. I'm sure the competition, as well as support that will be received from the BOTL, will help me in that journey.

A little background - I spent majority of my HS years, and a few thereafter as the resident fat kid of my group of friends. My nickname to this day is still Chubbs. When I was about 21 I decided to make a lifestyle change, I lost over 80lbs and was in the best shape of my life by far. I held onto that lifestyle until my son was born 3 and 1/2 years later, at which point I started to taper off a little bit. I still managed to stay in the gym and keep myself in shape, but I was back to eating all the crap that got me to excessive weight levels in the first place. About 14 months ago I landed a new job in which my position is very sedentary, as well as high stress. Since then, I have added about 30lbs on top of the weight I was already disappointed with.

Enough blabbering, here's my weigh-in pic. :nailbiting:

ChipS

Chip
Rating - 100%
24   0   0

I would think if you just weigh in when you get home have a package with tracking today you are set.