What's new

Bitcoin

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lol, yeah, I like Gary. F'm all, money grabbing pieces of crap. People work their asses off for their whole freaking life only to turn around and give their money to some company or corporation. My wife and I survive fine without having to pay off debt. Almost everyone has fallen for the BIG scam. It's sad really.
That's the best thing about growing older...we've seen it all and pretty much done more things than 1/2 the planet and have accrued wisdom in the process....that doesn't mean people will listen or even agree. As long as I don't have to hang around them and listen to their nonsense they can go pound on the Supreme Court Walls and cry me a river....that to me is entertainment.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If someone sends me $10 on PP... it remains $10. Bitcoin can go from 10 to 2 overnight

And PP treats me with kindness
That is a valid complaint (though it would never (has never, I think) go from 10 to 2 overnight. It could go from 10 to 8.80 overnight). As a matter of fact @mitetak sent me Bitcoin yesterday for a box split and it went down 11% overnight. My $45 is worth about $40 now. I think that's the realistic example of your fear, but it is certainly valid.

That is different than "its a fad." Time will prove me right there (or has, if 10 years is enough) :)

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
That is a valid complaint (though it would never (has never, I think) go from 10 to 2 overnight. It could go from 10 to 8.80 overnight). As a matter of fact @mitetak sent me Bitcoin yesterday and it went down 11% overnight. My $45 is worth about $40 now. I think that's the realistic example of your fear, but it is certainly valid.

That is different than "its a fad." Time will prove me right there :)
Ok let’s use more realistic numbers...

$10 in PP remains $10

Bitcoin can go from $19,783.06 to $5,922
(High and low from 2018)

That’s pretty damn risky for a fad

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

$10 in PP remains $10

(High and low from 2018)

Not overnight. And yes 2018 was a very volatile year. I don't deny that it is volatile. I do deny that it is a fad. It's grown for 10 years. How long before its not a fad anymore?

Also, the USD is certainly much much more stable than Bitcoin, don't get me wrong, but it also changes. Specifically, it gets worth less every year. Just so we're not all thinking that USD (which here is being referred to as lapyap) is this rock solid fixed thing that never changes. Lots of countries experienced the same kinds of changes with their fiat currencies that you describe with Bitcoin.

I am not advocating Bitcoin as an investment (that is a separate conversation), but fiat currencies are not historically much better on average. And as I pointed out, ours is on the decline.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So I'll toss this out there. There are always going to be folks who aren't into Bitcoin and aren't interested in being "into it". That's fine - but if anyone is slightly interested hit myself or @Scotchman up. It's being used out in the world by quite a few companies - accepted as a form of payment in more and more places every day.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
So I'll toss this out there. There are always going to be folks who aren't into Bitcoin and aren't interested in being "into it". That's fine - but if anyone is slightly interested hit myself or @Scotchman up. It's being used out in the world by quite a few companies - accepted as a form of payment in more and more places every day.
Ah so you’re in on this too? You guys starting up a joint venture?

:)

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Not overnight. And yes 2018 was a very volatile year. I don't deny that it is volatile. I do deny that it is a fad. It's grown for 10 years. How long before its not a fad anymore?

Also, the USD is certainly much much more stable than Bitcoin, don't get me wrong, but it also changes. Specifically, it gets worth less every year. Just so we're not all thinking that USD (which here is being referred to as lapyap) is this rock solid fixed thing that never changes. Lots of countries experienced the same kinds of changes with their fiat currencies that you describe with Bitcoin.

I am not advocating Bitcoin as an investment (that is a separate conversation), but fiat currencies are not historically much better on average. And as I pointed out, ours is on the decline.
It’s a fad bro... and a terrible investment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/10/16/nobel-winning-economist-shiller-calls-bitcoin-a-fad.html

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Oh shit that guy said its a fad. Fuck. I guess $200 Billion dollars is wrong.

Let's name some other fads that were worth $200 Billion dollars, at any point. You go first.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Was I hostile? I corrected your incorrect statement that Pokemon is or ever was a fad. Why so sensitive bro?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

$10 in PP remains $10

(High and low from 2018)

Ps:

(High and low from 2018)
[insert excuses here again plz]
Lulz
You're starting to repeat yourself. Might be time for your nap. Lulz.