What's new

Black Dog Vs Starbucks

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
How does black dog compare to the starbucks roasts. Moving to the east coast from California everyone here swears by dunkin doughnuts and I think it's the most disgusting thing ever. So I would like to know how it compares to something I know I enjoy and is around a lot of other places as well.

sportsmedjosh

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ive never had black dog, but i think starbucks is over rated and over priced.
A lot of people think starbucks is over priced. What I've noticed when I talk to people is I ask what they order and they typically don't order regular coffee but order the speciality drinks and I'll agree, that is where it starts to get expensive.

Rating - 94.4%
20   1   1
I am not a coffee drinker but got a 1/2 pound gifted to me and I loved it!!! I am most def. ordering some more. That is my .02 on the topic!!

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
D&D does suck. They used to be ok, but have gone way down hill in the last couple of years. Starbucks is over priced, but I don't feel that they are over rated. I think that they are great! However I recently ordered the Black Dog sampler & I love it. I brewed Starbucks every morning at my home. I'm switching to Black Dog. It's a little cheaper & fresh roasted. The taste is excellent. I let my girl friend try two of their blends today & she loved them as well. I'll still stop in at a Starbucks when I'm out & about. But I recommend trying out Black Dog. They also sponsor the site. Just one more reason to give them a shot.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
You won't be sorry Josh. Try the sampler. Black Dog late this afternoon is the reason I can't sleep now!

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
WTF Starbucks, Dunkin Doughnuts where`s the Tim Hortons. You mean you are all missing roll up the rim to win. I feel al your pain but I think I will open some Montecristo Coffe in the morning. Hope it`s not all marketing

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Starbuck's coffee asin go up there and order an expresso, is worse than drinking car oil in Mexico. Have yet todrink it in the U.S. (not looking forward, though)

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I think all the specialty drinks covers up the over-roasted taste of starbucks. Some people like that. Hell my friend's wife liked her food slightly charred on the grill which is what I call BURNT. To each their own.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Starbucks is definitely overpriced and everything at Dunkin Donuts has the same overall donut taste, I'm gonna order a sampler from Black Dog ever since Hardcore told me it was great coffee with a kick!!

Last edited:

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
To me, it's not even close. Black Dog uses superior beans, roasts them fresh and it's delivered to your door cheaper.

I can't ask for better than that.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Black Dog Coffee is the bomb. Small roasted, small batch! Great stuff. But, I am not a big coffee drinker. I loved the sampler of Black Dog that I got at XMAS, but give me a Dr. Pepper and I am just as happy! hehe.

Last edited:

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Black Dog has some great coffee very good roasts. I am also a fan of Starbucks too. We also have a place around here called Beans and Brews that is better than SB IMO. Some of the best beans I have had came from Whole Foods. Yummy. Drink what you like and like what you drink. I like coffee black.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
i'll jump on the wagon for bashing starbucks

It's over roasted. even a light brew in your home pot still tastes "strong". they roast the beans too long IMHO.

However, there's a CostCo brand that is roasted by starbucks inc that is around $10 for 2 lb. Tough to argue with that price. the only difference is the beans arent' all glossy like they are in a starbucks bag. thye're still over roasted, but i can deal with that for 10 cent per pot of coffee.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Black Dog has some great coffee very good roasts. I am also a fan of Starbucks too. We also have a place around here called Beans and Brews that is better than SB IMO. Some of the best beans I have had came from Whole Foods. Yummy. Drink what you like and like what you drink. I like coffee black.
I grew up drinking my coffee black. I drank it light & sweet for a few years. The coffee we had at the place I was working was crap. It needed all the help it could get. Now I'm back to drinking it black. IMHO I feel it lets you taste a good cup of coffee a whole lot more.

sportsmedjosh

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I enjoy and only drink my coffee black, I drink it for the caffeine and the taste, everything tastes the same when you throw milk and sugar. Might as well be drinking pop.

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
D&D is decent I get the turbo hot. Its still cheaper than Starbucks. Black Dog? haven't had I'll have to try some I guess. D&D's are independently owned so it varies as well.