What's new

Black Dog Vs Starbucks

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Blackdog is by far better, Starbucks always taste burnt, and the they are not fresh, (look at the packing date of a bag of beans) always 8 to 12 month old....All I can say Is Black Dog

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Blackdog is by far better, Starbucks always taste burnt, and the they are not fresh, (look at the packing date of a bag of beans) always 8 to 12 month old....All I can say Is Black Dog
They roasted my beans less than 48 hours before they sent it out to me. You can't beat that.

Poriggity

CRA Ambassador #0042
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
After all the good words about black dog it looks like I need to order some... I drink starbucks roasted beans At home every morning and I love it. However, I think their drip coffee when bought by the cup at the store isn't that great. I make it better at home than they do in the store LOL.
Scott

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I grew up drinking my coffee black. I drank it light & sweet for a few years. The coffee we had at the place I was working was crap. It needed all the help it could get. Now I'm back to drinking it black. IMHO I feel it lets you taste a good cup of coffee a whole lot more.
I never used to drink my coffee black, always used the flavored creamers and what not. I started working out and exercising so to cut some calories I went to straight black. I will never be able to go back. When it is black I think you can pick up more distinct flavors and what have you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who live in cities with whole foods, they roast in-house and they have some great beans IMHO. If you're friendly with the baristas there they will roast some up for you however you'd like. I don't know if that's a normal thing they do or not, but they always have for me, and the roaster is right there.

As far as starbucks and dark coffee goes, I like their dark roasts (italian, espresso, french) because nobody else comes close to the level of smokiness they get with their dark roasts. Love it or hate it (I love it, but some of the discriptions I've heard from others are colorful to say the least), the aroma of starbucks french roast is very distinctive. But their other single-origin coffees (especially the latin americans) really lose something with the darker roast.

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Haven't tried Black Dog coffee, thou i am looking forward to trying it. Starbuck's is usually my last option for something to drink, the only thing i ask for there is hot chocolate milk, either white or dark chocolate.

P.S The coffee at my house is usually great!

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I think all the specialty drinks covers up the over-roasted taste of starbucks. Some people like that. Hell my friend's wife liked her food slightly charred on the grill which is what I call BURNT. To each their own.
give me my steak bloody!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I hear that Black Dog Coffee kicks Starbucks ass!!! :halfgrinw

Seriously, though. Thank you to those that commented with compliments! Although I certainly have my own opinions about coffee I'll keep them to myself. Just as with cigars, it's all about what you like. Fortunately for me many people like Black Dog!

Last edited:

Hot_Sauce

&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I've never tried Black dod either. As soon as I use up the 2lb's of Kona Coffee I ordered I'll be sure to give it a try.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i like starbucks dark roast gold coast that i make at home. i'd like to try something comparable in black dog. i'd like to hear what people who LIKE starbucks think about the comparison to black dog..

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I start each day with a fresh ground, french pressed cup of Black Dog coffee. In my opinion it is far better than Starbucks. I do enjoy some of the specialty drinks at Starbucks though, the Green Tea Frappacino is like crack to me.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I think I use my french press this morning too. I love the dog watch dark that blend he has is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat (imagine tony the tiger saying it).

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I also start every day off with Black Dog. But if I'm out & about I'll stop in a Starbucks for a specialty drink.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I like Starbuckds. I love Black dog . Round steak vs filet . Both are steak. One is a higher quality than the other.