What's new

Black Honey

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
tried small batch last night, refresh, refresh, refresh, then saw it pop up, tried to click the buy now, and no dice. i'm looking around still, i'll post if i get any leads.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
some more intel for everyone. here are the shops that are still waiting for their shipment or may have some available as a sampler pack.

Cigar Pointe
19186 Blanco Road #101, San Antonio, TX 78258
(210) 888-2933
It will be First come first serve. They should arrive any day now, best to check their website and facebook to get updates as soon as they arrive

Atlantic Cigars
3 Horne Drive Suite 102 Folcroft, PA 19032
(312) 782-7898
They should be getting some soon. They are not sure how many they will be receiving or how they plan to sell them. (I'm guessing limit: 2)

Tobacco Leaf MD
7351 Assateague Drive Jessup, MD
(410) 799-2094
They are selling them as part of a sampler for $110 shipped. They said they had 10 samplers available. Not sure how many are left.

2 La Colmena "Black Honey" LE
2 La Colmena Unico Especial Belicoso
1 Don Reynaldo Coronas De Luxe
1 EL OSO Mama
1 La Colmena #36
1 Flor Del Valle Gran Toro

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Confirmed Retailers that are SOLD OUT:

Small Batch Cigar – sold out

Jack Schwartz – sold out - 5 bundles

Cigar Boutique of Little Havana – sold out

ZT Cigars – sold out - 10 cigars

Smokers Abbey – sold out

---

Corona Cigars - according to instagram - sold out

Last edited:

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Are most vendor's charging the $15.50 MSRP price? I didn't see what SB was charging before it was sold out.

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
So friggin expensive for a cigar not reviewed yet. I'll wait for the reviews to roll in before my interest peaks. If the reviews are good, I'll wait for SB to offer 20% off down the line and get a box of the EL Oso Papa and La Colemna 44 then switch the wrappers. Sure, the blend likely has been tweaked on the Black Honey but it should be close. Plus I think a 44 would be better size for me. 10 sticks of my version of the Black Honey and then 10 extra customs of the El Oso wrapped with the Ecuadorian Deflorada for $25 more than the original release. Winning :)

Sorry. Just thinking out loud.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
So friggin expensive for a cigar not reviewed yet. I'll wait for the reviews to roll in before my interest peaks. If the reviews are good, I'll wait for SB to offer 20% off down the line and get a box of the EL Oso Papa and La Colemna 44 then switch the wrappers. Sure, the blend likely has been tweaked on the Black Honey but it should be close. Plus I think a 44 would be better size for me. 10 sticks of my version of the Black Honey and then 10 extra customs of the El Oso wrapped with the Ecuadorian Deflorada for $25 more than the original release. Winning :)

Sorry. Just thinking out loud.
The problem with waiting for reviews to come out is that these are already gone, so too late. Second problem is I don't think I've seen a pre release review since the el Oso papa that halfwheel gave them an 86 on. Which means you either have to jump on a release or likely completely miss out.

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
The problem with waiting for reviews to come out is that these are already gone, so too late. Second problem is I don't think I've seen a pre release review since the el Oso papa that halfwheel gave them an 86 on. Which means you either have to jump on a release or likely completely miss out.
I hear you but I had no intention of paying those kind of prices for the real deal. I would just go buy another box of Goldies at that price range.

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I hear you but I had no intention of paying those kind of prices for the real deal.
Everything Warped releases rolled in Miami seems to be priced about $3 or $4 more than it should. The Flor del Valle rolled in Nicaragua is at a decent price point and certainly worth it.

Last edited:

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Everything warped releases rolled in Miami seems to be priced about $3 or $4 more than it should. The Flor del Valle rolled in Nicaragua is at a decent price point and certainly worth it.
People are paying it though so kudos to Kyle. It's at the right price point if people are running out there to spend their money. Choosing to get everything rolled at El Titan was brilliant. If I was a boutique brand I would done the exact same thing. Every was thought out very well, Warped has and will continue to be a success imo.

Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Everything Warped releases rolled in Miami seems to be priced about $3 or $4 more than it should. The Flor del Valle rolled in Nicaragua is at a decent price point and certainly worth it.
You have to pay workers alot more in miami then you do in nica, and you have to import the material. They make a great product though and it's nice to support an american company if you can imo. Everything coming out of the etb factory is priced higher and I was told by David at the factory thats the reason you can only buy the etb brand from the factory. The retailers were discounting them and they dont want the product devalued. I wish i could get a deal and at the same time, I don't blame them. Lol.

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
You have to pay workers alot more in miami then you do in nica, and you have to import the material. They make a great product though and it's nice to support an american company if you can imo. Everything coming out of the etb factory is priced higher and I was told by David at the factory thats the reason you can only buy the etb brand from the factory. The retailers were discounting them and they dont want the product devalued. I wish i could get a deal and at the same time, I don't blame them. Lol.
I completely agree and understand why the prices are higher. And like Shadowcam said, he has a lot of people (including me) buying his product. So good for him, I don't want to argue the merits of capitalism. I just get discouraged and feel that this is the kind of thing that keeps pushing prices higher and higher.