What's new

Black Label Trading Co. Lawless - CoM Nov 2016 (Cigar of the Month)

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Brandon (Hopduro) just committed a Drive By Heckling!
On the way to an event he stopped by my shop in Greensboro and hit me with a nice 5er,including a Lawless, some other nice sticks, and a home roll of his own recipe, a damn nice looking stick.
Many thanks to you kind sir..................:woot:(y)

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
On the way to an event he stopped by my shop in Greensboro and hit me with a nice 5er,including a Lawless, some other nice sticks, and a home roll of his own recipe, a damn nice looking stick.
See now, he fails to mention the bomb he wrecked me with...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0

A 2001 camacho

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
DSC_0041.JPG DSC_0043.JPG And here is another size from 2001,Diademas,a somewhat rare Vitola back then.
This was the first Camacho released, the Corojo,,,,and it would knock you on your ass when Young.
Just a few left,I rarely smoke them.......

Attachments

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Well.... @Jim D decided to bite the messenger on this one... thanks brother, totally unnecessary!

I'm still working on what you had recommended, work has been getting in the way again. Enjoy the selection! Besides, you didn't send a Lawless all alone....
2017-01-10 04.20.57.jpg
Thanks for letting me in on how the mata fina works in the mix!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So I'm headed to the airport to pick up family today and found a 'new-to-me' cigar lounge along the way. Seems it's about time to fire up the Lawless for review...
2017-01-12 13.44.57.jpg

The wrapper is smooth as can be, nice sheen to it. I have yet to perfect that on my homerolls...
The draw is easy, 54 rg stogies do that I suppose. First draw reveals some pepper, not over powering though. I soon found some bitter chocolate. Once I thought I had something like raisin too.
The second third brought some more pepper and another baking spice I can't quit place. The smoke seems dry, if that makes sense. My mouth is not dry, but the smoke is. The retrohale is smooth and light pepper on the nose. I'm enjoying this change of flavors from my routine smokes.
Moving into the final third and it seems to be going out on me...torched it back up. May have been my fault as I'm typing up the review.:banghead:
Smoke production is back to full speed again. No nasty relight flavors thankfully, just tapped the ash off and warmed it up.
Vitamin N is working in a bit too, not too strong but it's there. This last third is all about the pepper.
2017-01-12 15.27.11.jpg
Overall the Lawless is a good smoke. It won't be a box purchase for me but it's a good smoke nonetheless.
Thanks for picing up the 5er @Hopduro!
Edit: spelling correction

Last edited:

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Well it’s a gorgeous day and I figured it was time to review this cigar!

Name: BLTC Lawless
Size: 5 x 54
Shape: Robusto (largo?)

Cigar enjoyed with the following:
Beverage: diet coke
Snack: --

Review:
Appearance: This stick has a gorgeous dark Ecuadorian Habano Rosado wrapper, which explains the very thin veining and invisible seamline. The cap is definitely a flawless quadruple and the cigar feels well packed in the hand. The wrapper and foot smell dank, earthy, and leathery.

The Burn: I use a straight cut through the top most cap and ignite this beast with a cedar spill. The first draw has some serious red pepper bite and a very thick, chewy mouthfeel. This thing might be a monster! The smoke production is very impressive and billowing. The ash is tight and speckled white color.

The first third is amped up from the start. Lively pepper laces the tongue, tons of spice, a smidge of what I would consider dry baking cocoa, leather, ginger, charred toast, and full bodied. Also a touch of bitterness on the finish, makes you want to reach for your drink after puffs. This cigar is a slow burner, 30 minutes in and not even close to the end of the first third!

The bitterness before has completely vanished. I am assuming this is due to the sleek, slow burn, since this cigar does not enjoy being babied. The wavy burn line is even self-correcting. The flavor has taken a turn towards the end of the first third to a caramel sweetness. Some people might even consider this a toasty marshmallow profile now (*cough @BrewinHooligan). The pepper has retired and been replaced by a mellow cedar note. Creamy, decadent, playful, not as full strength as I was expecting! Which is good or we would be very cut short on this review.

Second third starts with an increase in intensity, flavors turn to roasted leather, maybe some dried fruit and baking spice, with a splash of ginger. The body and strength have been medium until this point and the nicotine starts to ramp up. Nothing unbearable, but don’t smoke this one with your morning coffee! The cigar required one touch up as the first lump of ash fell, but the construction has been rather impeccable.

Finally nearing the last third, the stick is complex. Meaty, spicy, salty, roasty, woody… On and on. I really loved the first third of this cigar, but the last third is too “Nicaraguan” for my liking. What I mean by that is that, “Pack as much punch and flavor into it so they have no idea what’s going on.” Mind you, maybe it’s just young and needs some down time to smooth out some flavors and round some sharp edges. But, honestly I don’t see myself revisiting this one. The flavors start to heat up and become acrid and I let it retire.

*One note, the final third with its roastiness pairs would pair well with a steak dinner or something grilled. I instead grabbed a stout and enjoyed that combo as well.

Overall impression: Try it once, ymmv.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0

Found this buried in the wineador and remembered I was supposed to review it so here we go...

BLTC Lawless robusto complements of @Hopduro

Deep v cut
Drinking Pendleton and sprite

Nice dark wrapper, small veins, seam varies from obvious to nearly invisible, consistent firm construction, nice quadruple cap

Lots of smoke output, med/full body, leather and spice.

Nice tight ash holds for an inch plus. Creamy but dry, might need another drink before this is over.

Great burn into the half way mark, still mostly leather, a bit of spices and kind of a dry earthy taste.

Into the last third it's getting a bit harsh, still a good burn not much change in profile except for the bitter harshness and ramped up vitamin n.

Tapping out... getting to harsh for my liking.

Not bad overall, first two thirds were fairly enjoyable but the last left something to be desired.

Last edited: