What's new

Blank Cigar Bands - why not Heartfelt and where to turn?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Bob is at CW, been leading these bands sales for years. He generally has them done in very large batches so might be out right now. Been a while since I last bought them but they are the best ones I know of.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I filled out his page a few weeks back and never heard back from him.
Hi there. I'm baffled by this. I have always responded to every inquiry I've ever gotten through my web page. There have been a few folks who filled out the form, never sent in payment, and never responded to my emails.

Oh, that's funny. I just looked and the most recent form I have that is marked unpaid -- and archived because too much time has gone by -- was marked as "vegan702/botl" so presumably you never saw my email.

Long story short. I have quite a few bands left over, and have been selling them in 500 and 1000 increments for quite some time now. It is absolutely no problem to take care of you, just fill out the form here

(actually, the site won't let me include the URL, as I don't have five posts, funny, but it's in an earlier post from someone else)

and once you submit it, a page will come up with payment instructions. Once I receive payment, I will ship bands, it's just that easy.

(I have no problems selling larger quantities in a bulk buy type deal, but can't offer much of a discount, just a few bucks off per thousand for the money I'll save on shipping. I typically run these things by getting folks to prepay for bands, taking orders for a month or two, and then when I get enough people together, I place an order for anywhere from 50,000 to 100,000 bands. I sometimes get confused -- like in this case, I had a whole whale of folks interested right at the start of the ordering window, so I tried to guesstimate where we'd end up, and ordered early, and ended up sitting on a whole mess of leftovers. I won't do that again.)

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
The email from bob:
Justin, hi there. I do have leftovers and could handle a purchase of
10,000 bands. I can't provide any real discount from the listed
prices for a group buy, however. Maybe a few bucks off per thousand
as shipping would be cheaper and less work for me weighing them.

I have had a few people fill out the form and send me payment over the
last month or two, and every one has gotten bands from me, no problem.
If you want to simply tell folks to go ahead and do that, I'd be
happy to sell some more of my leftovers, I have been shipping bands to
people as they've popped up, it's not a big deal. Simply fill out the
form, submit it, and follow the instructions for payment, and I'll put
them in the mail. No worries.

Do let me know if you want to coordinate buying 10,000.

FYI, when I have bands made, I usually do 100,000 or more. The cost
per band is prohibitive at anything less than 50,000 at a time.

Since theres no buying discount for the board(10K) I'm just suggesting at this time everyone buys and pays for there own. Will also put this in a new thread as well.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Oh, and if it wasn't obvious, I did get the messages through Cigar Family and through email... and Justin mentioned this board, I had never heard of it before, so I figured I'd come over and see if I could find the thread and make things easier for folks.

I too don't like the Heartfelt "bands" and someone else many years ago suggested doing these bands. They had found a source that wanted something like $10 per 100, which to me seemed insanely high, and were trying to do a group buy on them. I asked (nicely) if they minded if I tried to find a cheaper source, they said, no, that would be great, and after a couple of days of calling around and asking various people for pointers, I found a really good manufacturer for these. It was cool, it was going to be preorders for $50 for 500 and instead we could cut that down by like 70% or something, it was great and made them a lot more accessible.

I use the bands all the time to mark cigars I've gotten in trade, they are great for that.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi Justin. Kind of funny that we'd both be on the thread at the same time, and your post would be between mine! LOL

In any case, if anyone has questions, feel free to PM me here (that should work, though I just registered here less than an hour ago), otherwise I'm happy to respond to any/all blank band web forms that come in with payment. (My email address is also included on the submission form results page i.e. once you submit a form, the page comes up. I try to keep my email off web pages as much as I can, as I don't like the spam, so it's not on the main form page.)

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Oh, and if it wasn't obvious, I did get the messages through Cigar Family and through email... and Justin mentioned this board, I had never heard of it before, so I figured I'd come over and see if I could find the thread and make things easier for folks.
:welcome:

Welcome to BOTL, Bob. I'll be ordering 500 or so bands from you shortly.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Payment just sent for 1,000 bands, thanks brother! :)

And happy the money is staying in the Seattle area... you ever go to Smokey Joe's?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Hi Justin. Kind of funny that we'd both be on the thread at the same time, and your post would be between mine! LOL

In any case, if anyone has questions, feel free to PM me here (that should work, though I just registered here less than an hour ago), otherwise I'm happy to respond to any/all blank band web forms that come in with payment. (My email address is also included on the submission form results page i.e. once you submit a form, the page comes up. I try to keep my email off web pages as much as I can, as I don't like the spam, so it's not on the main form page.)
Hey Bob thanks for the wuick response tonight and once you get a sec stop by and itroduce yourself here at the botl! We would love to hear about your backround and hobbies!

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Thanks Justin - I appreciate you getting this moving and touching base with Bob. Just placed an order for 1,000.
Matt

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Hi there. I'm baffled by this. I have always responded to every inquiry I've ever gotten through my web page. There have been a few folks who filled out the form, never sent in payment, and never responded to my emails.

Oh, that's funny. I just looked and the most recent form I have that is marked unpaid -- and archived because too much time has gone by -- was marked as "vegan702/botl" so presumably you never saw my email.

Long story short. I have quite a few bands left over, and have been selling them in 500 and 1000 increments for quite some time now. It is absolutely no problem to take care of you, just fill out the form here

(actually, the site won't let me include the URL, as I don't have five posts, funny, but it's in an earlier post from someone else)

and once you submit it, a page will come up with payment instructions. Once I receive payment, I will ship bands, it's just that easy.

(I have no problems selling larger quantities in a bulk buy type deal, but can't offer much of a discount, just a few bucks off per thousand for the money I'll save on shipping. I typically run these things by getting folks to prepay for bands, taking orders for a month or two, and then when I get enough people together, I place an order for anywhere from 50,000 to 100,000 bands. I sometimes get confused -- like in this case, I had a whole whale of folks interested right at the start of the ordering window, so I tried to guesstimate where we'd end up, and ordered early, and ended up sitting on a whole mess of leftovers. I won't do that again.)
Thanks Bob. Email must have been over looked. But we are good now, sent you some cash.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
HOLY SHIT, Bob finally pays us a visit. :welcome: to you Bob.

I am telling you guys, these are simply the best bands out there, PERIOD. Like storage devices I suggest you buy more than you think you need. Bands are inexpensive and if you label them well you go thru them quicker than you think.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
And happy the money is staying in the Seattle area... you ever go to Smokey Joe's?
I do get down there from time to time. Mark the tobacconist is a good friend of mine, we've known each other for years. He's one of the most knowledgeable guys out there, IMHO.

It's a haul from Ballard, and I have three kids, so I don't get down there all that often, but usually do make it for Seattle Pipe Club meetings (I smoke pipes more often than cigars these days) which are the 2nd Wednesday of the month.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I did end up shipping out bands to everyone who has sent in a web form over the last few days. There were two guys who wanted to trade (and I've emailed them back) and one guy who had his payment docked for fees by ****** and sent the lower "non fee" amount (I sent him a refund and asked him to resend the right amount, kind of a pain, but the fee thing is a real drag too, I don't like eating them, it adds up).

I should be able to handle any other stragglers, too, at least for the next week or two, I'd think. I'd be surprised if I sold out faster than that.

Thanks for all the kind words about the bands, I appreciate it. They do rock. The manufacturer does a nice job with them.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
HOLY SHIT, Bob finally pays us a visit. :welcome: to you Bob.

I am telling you guys, these are simply the best bands out there, PERIOD. Like storage devices I suggest you buy more than you think you need. Bands are inexpensive and if you label them well you go thru them quicker than you think.
Agreed. I got a bunch of these from Bob the last buy. Welcome, Bob!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I appreciate the warm welcome. FWIW I would consider Cigar Family to be my "home board" as it was the first one I joined and spend the most time there and at Cigar Weekly, though for the last couple of years I've been way more active at Smokers Forums as I smoke my pipes more than cigars these days. Nice board you've got here, I have lurked from time to time when I have done searches on pipe related terms and found relevant threads in your archives...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is old, but does Bob still sell the bands and if so how can I place an order?