What's new

Blending Thread

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Doing a little thread necromancy this morning. I have been playing around with my blending as I am getting back into a regular production groove and with some feedback from my brother in law requesting something a tad weaker than my typical 1:1:1 (ligero:viso:seco) blend ratio. The new ratio I’ve been playing with is .5:1:.5 and the two new blends I’ve tried with this have both been pretty spectacular to my tastes.

The first blend:
.5 Cibao valley criollo ligero, 1 Cibao valley corojo viso, .5 Ecuadorian habano seco, Ec habano binder and wrapper

The second:
.5 Dominican ligero, 1 criollo viso, .5 Cibao valley vuelta habano seco. I have done this blend with my Jochy Blanco Sumatra binder and Dominican binder and wrapped in corojo. This blend is rich with cocoa and sweetness and is made more special in that the viso and seco were gifted by Webmost

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Doing a little thread necromancy this morning. I have been playing around with my blending as I am getting back into a regular production groove and with some feedback from my brother in law requesting something a tad weaker than my typical 1:1:1 (ligero:viso:seco) blend ratio. The new ratio I’ve been playing with is .5:1:.5 and the two new blends I’ve tried with this have both been pretty spectacular to my tastes.

The first blend:
.5 Cibao valley criollo ligero, 1 Cibao valley corojo viso, .5 Ecuadorian habano seco, Ec habano binder and wrapper

The second:
.5 Dominican ligero, 1 criollo viso, .5 Cibao valley vuelta habano seco. I have done this blend with my Jochy Blanco Sumatra binder and Dominican binder and wrapped in corojo. This blend is rich with cocoa and sweetness and is made more special in that the viso and seco were gifted by Webmost
Gonna be a poignant moment when I finally run out of my webmost leaf, but that's probably a long ways off.

Interesting thing about your blends is that I was looking at a video of someone rolling a robusto I have enjoyed, and they were doing 1: 4: .5 I reckon you can do that if you have a great viso. I think some of my blends have gone wrong from too much ligero. I'm going to try something like a .5: 3: .5 today.