Blind Reviews - Mickey Mouse V. a 7 Footer

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0

Ok, so its Mickey Morris V. a Azehring

MM won my Sherlocked contest:

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/61080-Sherlocked

and asked if I would unband the sticks for him so he could smoke them blind to see how he would do.
I said , no problem, but you must review them if Im am going to go through ALL THE EFFORT of taking the bands off!
I mean wow thats work right?

So instead of letting Mickey off easy, I decided to put him up head to head against someone.
I asked around and got a willing sucker - err I mean volunteer - to subject themselves to head to head blind reviewing!

So here we go: Its Mickey V. Alex and away we go!

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
This is going to be fun, I apologize for my camera phone pictures in advanced.
I even has to take them out of the bag to snap a picture due to my finicky camera

I also will apologize in advanced for My grammatical or writing errors, I aint guud @ riting.
As suggested, I will work my way back from D-A. I'll hopefully knock out D today. I will coordinate with Alex so we don't get ahead of ourselves here. Thanks again Neil

Last edited:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Hmm...I think I know what cigar B is. Cant wait to see how this pans out.
Ditto. I can't think of many sticks that look like that. In fact, I can only think of ONE. So if I'm wrong, I'm very curious as to what it is.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Okay, so here's my review. I'm not too good at these, so cut me some slack

Cigar D

Construction and appearance.
The cigar has a veiny light brown appearance, the seams are not very visible. looking at the cigar, it has a Cuban appearance to it.

Pre light draw
Very sweet, not much spice. A hint of hay

Initial light
had a hint of coffee, and a little spice on the front of the tongue, but mostly sweet tobacco.

First third.
Sweet Tobacco reigns supreme thus far, hints of coffee, toffee and chocolate. It's not an earthy sweet like any Liga, more like a creamy sweet

Second third
Still sweet notes, now it's not as much sweet tobacco as it is hay, a bit of spicy on the back of the palate

Final Third
The sweetness continues, it's now returning to the toffee /chocolate notes, a bit more spice on the tongue, but definitely not at a cigar defining level.

Misc.
Extremely smooth on the retrohale
Perfect morning cigar, I bet it would pair well with coffee.
Ambient smoke smelled phenomenal! I purposely put the cigar down wind to bask in its "in the ashtray" smoke
The cigar had some problems with a straight burn, nothing a quick touch up couldn't fix. In this picture, I let the burn continue to see how it played out before I corrected it, so this is the most dramatic example.

Overall a fantastic cigar! Would be perfect for a lazy Sunday morning cigar. Depending on the price and availability, I would seek out more of them.

Now for my guess, this probably is way off, but I'm guessing it's a Bolivar Petit Belicoso.
I came to this because the other Bolivars I have smoked had similar flavor profiles and the size of the Petit Belicoso somewhat matched what I measured the cigar out to be. Definitely not confident in that guess, but it's better than not guessing.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I thought the same thing about being a short boli but took another look at the head and thought, "God I hope not" lol. Thing looks terrible! Nice review.

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
Blind Review Cigar D
First review ever - cut me some slack haha

Size: 4.5in x 50rg
Shape: Pyramid/Torpedo
Drink: Bottled Water
Appearance: Well packed, small veins, good clean construction
Prelight: Nice easy draw – Not much on flavors, a little sweet tobacco

First third:

- Prevalent Graham cracker- quickly fades away
- Pretty mild
- Not too much flavor, a little sweetness
- A little bit of spice on the retrohale

Burn: Slightly Wavy

Second Third:

It went out on me with a little bit of a tunnel (possible user error) so I had to relight
- Sweetness continues
- Still distinct sweetness
- Smoke seems to be a little creamier
- Notes of cedar
- Small increase in spice with a normal draw and retrohale
Burn: Still Wavy

Last Third:

- Still Sweet
- More flavors start to work their way in
- Strong cedar/woods
- Hints of floral
- Pepper
- Retrohale: there was a couple "retrohales" where I got sort of an evergreen/Christmas tree type taste haha
Burn: Pretty Uneven
Note: It went out on me here, since I wasn’t a huge fan, I just let it go

Overall:
Ash: Light Gray/White, slightly flakey
A pretty mild smoke, good 1st smoke of the day, not something that I personally really enjoyed, the flavors did not really line up with what I like. It did change and have some high points, but not something I would reach for on a regular basis.

Guess: Something Cuban just judging by the looks... Other than that no idea

SIDE NOTE: this is my first review ever, so let me know what I should do differently, I know I need more/better pictures (I had more of the final third but they were way too blurry), but what else?

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Good Reviews Guys - the mildness you guys experienced surprises me.
I had one recently and I thought it was pretty strong.
Cigar D is an Opus XxX - Power Ranger.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Damn i was way off! I would say this was definitely a full flavor cigar with a milder nicotine level. At least thats the way it felt for me. I did smoke a Tatuaje DD the day before. so my tolerance bar might have been set a bit high. Thanks for putting in such a quality stick!

how much age was on it? definitely was one of the smoothest OpusX i have had

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Good Reviews Guys - the mildness you guys experienced surprises me.
I had one recently and I thought it was pretty strong.
Cigar D is an Opus XxX - Power Ranger.
WOAH!
While I've never had one, I've always heard these described as FULL flavor, FULL strength. Very interesting!