What's new

Boss Bands

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've been so close so many times picking some up. so much good stuff. love-um!
I did pick some up. A batch just like these, at Etsy. Those Sheiks I made, for instance, were labeled with Etsy bands. Embossed, colorful, cut shapes, lick & stick adhesive at the end. Look good and work easy. Problem is, they're all too short. 2 5/8" won't even wrap around one of my fectos. Have to cut the end off one to lengthen another. I wrote three of the listings I bumped into following your link ... asked them the length ... and the two who replied reported similar shortness ... 2 1/2" to 2 3/4". Musta made some tiny gars back then.

Then there's this, too: You could buy your cigars, but they wouldn't be your handiwork. Likewise with bands.

Once upon a time, I made some Mataloto bands on line, like so:

Picture of Sopowa, the Indian Scout, up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Those came out nice... not embossed, of course, but nice enough. Here's the problem with those: They are sticky all along, and not just at the end. Sticky enough to peel bits of wrapper. I went back to the maker and got a less sticky variety. Those would un-stick from themselves at the ends. Had to use a smidgeon of scotch tape.

All in all, I think the bossest bands are the ones you make yourself.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone ordered from Cigar Rings? I want to see how much of a wallet buster they'd be when I get my Home Rolls in order

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Their web site is mostly blank pages. I'll ask Smith whether he's ever run into them.
This site? http://www.cigar-rings.net/
I know that they have a ridiculous flash on there that gave me some trouble the first time. Lots of clicking around. If they aren't crazy expensive I wouldn't mind banding my home rolls with the same bands that grace the premium sticks

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I just fired off an email to Cigar Rings who produce bands for the premium cigar lines inquiring about prices. I will post the info when/if they get back to me. I think it would be pretty cool to slap some of their bands on our sticks.