What's new

Boswell Pipe shop

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Is pipers pleasure an aromatic
I couldn't figure out what the flavors were at first, but apparently it's coffee, vanilla and chocolate. Hard to describe, but a nice rich, deep flavor. Almost like an English blend with no latakia or oriental, which I know makes no sense! Miles away from a regular aro by Sutliff or whatever. I wonder if they source their tobaccos from McClelland.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Yes it is. Wasn't over the top. Boswell's only has a handful of non aromatics. 5 or so

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
I couldn't figure out what the flavors were at first, but apparently it's coffee, vanilla and chocolate. Hard to describe, but a nice rich, deep flavor. Almost like an English blend with no latakia or oriental, which I know makes no sense! Miles away from a regular aro by Sutliff or whatever. I wonder if they source their tobaccos from McClelland.
I was wondering, my Boswell pick are always northwoods, railroad station and countryside, can't really do aros. But if it's that light, I may have to try it sometime..... And no, still moving and have no address. I'll call Boswell's for an order.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I was wondering, my Boswell pick are always northwoods, railroad station and countryside, can't really do aros. But if it's that light, I may have to try it sometime..... And no, still moving and have no address. I'll call Boswell's for an order.
I wouldn't say the flavoring is light - it's definitely there, just blended with quality tobaccos in a really skillful way. Not goopy or anything, though. Isn't Countryside a Latakia aro crossover? I recently got some but haven't tried it yet.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
[QUOTE="c.ortiz108, post: 1823926, member: 14962"Isn't Countryside a Latakia aro crossover? I recently got some but haven't tried it yet.[/QUOTE]
It probably could be considered an aro, but not enough that it bothers me. I'd say it's more to the English side, but my tastes are kinda goofed up too.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Trying Bear Blend now. Nice and interesting. Smooth caramel and light cherry with a bit of Latakia (which I can't actually taste, but assume it's adding to the interest). I'm starting to think these guys can do no wrong. I might not like everything they do equally, but can tell they've done it skillfully.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So thus far i have tried Piper's Pleasure, Boswell's Best, and the Maple leaf. The Piper's Pleasure was by far my favorite of the three. Maple leaf was pretty good. Left a good beard note (if that's a thing). Boswell's Best I'll have to revisit. It needed more dry time or i smoked it to fast. (Still learning)

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So thus far i have tried Piper's Pleasure, Boswell's Best, and the Maple leaf. The Piper's Pleasure was by far my favorite of the three. Maple leaf was pretty good. Left a good beard note (if that's a thing). Boswell's Best I'll have to revisit. It needed more dry time or i smoked it to fast. (Still learning)

Yeah, I didn't get the hype about B's best or Cupcake. Kind of tasted the same to me. Haven't tried Maple. Smoked Countryside for the first time the other day. Enjoyed it but did find it a little bitey. Piper's Pleasure is still be favorite Boswell so far, followed by Bear Blend. Next up is Northwoods.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Yeah, I didn't get the hype about B's best or Cupcake. Kind of tasted the same to me. Haven't tried Maple. Smoked Countryside for the first time the other day. Enjoyed it but did find it a little bitey. Piper's Pleasure is still be favorite Boswell so far, followed by Bear Blend. Next up is Northwoods.
Yeah i liked Bear's blend as well. Had some this evening, but like you said Piper's Pleasure is the head of the class so far.