What's new

BOTL due date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why is there so much impatience with these?? Did I miss something? Podman is a sponsor here and has a great site. They'll be there guys.

-Jared
You didn't miss anything, not that it is any of your concern, but I will be away on vacation, and the person handling my mail does not have access to a humidor. Sorry to bother you with my questions, and apologies for questioning the delivery time of a $150 purchase that I do not want to go to waste.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Why is there so much impatience with these?? Did I miss something? Podman is a sponsor here and has a great site. They'll be there guys.

-Jared
You didn't miss anything, not that it is any of your concern, but I will be away on vacation, and the person handling my mail does not have access to a humidor. Sorry to bother you with my questions, and apologies for questioning the delivery time of a $150 purchase that I do not want to go to waste.
Easy brotato. I wasn't necessarily referring to you in particular, rather the general impatience, but since you took in interest in my post I will answer. It became public concern when you posted it. That's all. Chill out, and read the other thread about the smokes. He and E made posts about it. Prob will ship next week. Have a great vacation.

-Jared

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0

-Jared
Since these haven't shipped yet maybe podman can hold the order till you get back or ship it to a brother close to you (or someone here you trust) to care for it until you return

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that's what I am trying to figure out. If I do not get a response back, I will buy a Tupperware and and a boveda pack, and have my neighbor throw the box in.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
honestly, unless left out in direct sunlight or extremes of temperature, a sealed box will NOT die over the course of a week. i understand the concern, i do, but you have to think of the time cigars spend in shipping; this stuff mostly still comes by BOAT. tell your neighbor, if a box from podman cigars comes in, wrap the damn thing in cling wrap. it will work for short term (i once lost a box under a couch for a few months, i am ashamed to say...).

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
honestly, unless left out in direct sunlight or extremes of temperature, a sealed box will NOT die over the course of a week. i understand the concern, i do, but you have to think of the time cigars spend in shipping; this stuff mostly still comes by BOAT. tell your neighbor, if a box from podman cigars comes in, wrap the damn thing in cling wrap. it will work for short term (i once lost a box under a couch for a few months, i am ashamed to say...).
While that's great advice, it's still extremely frustrating to wait in the dark like that. It makes perfect sense that so many people are asking about this. It's 2013. I bet half the people on here can't go sit on the toilet without having an internet device in their hands. We are super connected, and have come to expect that from those that we purchase from. And rightly so. I can place an order online (from said crapper, if needed) and walk into a store 30 minutes later and pick up my order and be on my way with hardly any delay. People are used to the fact that you can order online from some guy in the middle of the country, get instant order confirmation and next day shipping confirmation. It's just how things work these days. If something is announced as a pre-order with an unknown shipping date-that's fine. But when you put your money on the line, and are told to expect an item to be en route by a certain point-you can damn well expect people to question things when that doesn't happen.

JavaJunkie-Only quoted you to agree with your advice. The rest isn't in response to anything you've said.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
going a way for longer than a week, but thanks for the reply.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

-Jared
Easy brotato. I wasn't necessarily referring to you in particular, rather the general impatience, but since you took in interest in my post I will answer. It became public concern when you posted it. That's all. Chill out, and read the other thread about the smokes. He and E made posts about it. Prob will ship next week. Have a great vacation.

-Jared
First off, please don't tell me to chill out, and save the pet names for your friends.

I was asking a very basic question. After not receiving an answer to my email, and after reading others are waiting on a response, I asked if anyone had a phone number.

I understand podman is a sponsor, (and I have bought other stuff from them in the past), but what does that have to do with not answering an email or having a phone number listed?

I did not realize there was this info in another thread. I will search for that now and hopefully get some insight. Thank you for pointing that out.

Have a nice day.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The point isn't that it's a week. The point is that they will be fine with minimal effort on the end of the friend. Give him the Tupper ware and the boveda and it'll be fine.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some guys get all lathered up for these pre-releases. But reality is their are usually delays for any number of reasons. My advice: when ordering something not yet in stock take a chill pill.

-Jared

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0

-Jared

-Jared
First off, please don't tell me to chill out, and save the pet names for your friends.
Take your personal prods to PMs. Or don't post at all.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Couple things. There's already a thread for these cigars. Please post your questions about them in there. Asking about shipping is fair game, but as other guys have said, when buying prerelease stuff these things tend to happen so don't sweat it too much.

Also, keep the personal bickering and name calling off the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.