What's new

BOTL Newbie Sampler Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
@Wicket, @BoneYard

Just wanted to holler at you guys and give you a piece of information I picked up while researching home roasting a while back:

I was told to never roast indoors, and if you have to then do it as little as necessary. The reasoning is that the roasting releases the oils from the coffee beans during cracking and the heat will carry them to the ceiling. If you do it long enough you could end up with a dark oil stain on your ceiling that will be very difficult to remove (you'd probably have to paint over it).

I still haven't tried it, just looked into it. Anyway, just trying to save a brother some heartache!
Yes I did read that on a site. They said to go it under the stove exhaust fan if inside. I'm going to give it a go this week.

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1429069825704.jpg

Damn, @ChefBoyRG54 hit me hard with his end of the trade. I've been wanting to try other Jericho hills after loving the shot I had, and the rest are all new to me. Can't wait to turn them all into ash! Thanks so much for the great selection, it's a helluva welcome to this place

And shout out to @CaTeacher for keeping this thread on track!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys new guy here. Looking for a cash deal. Interested in Lancero's, and CC's. I haven't taken too big a plunge in CC's as I have to buy a whole box and don't want to risk not liking the smoke!

Thanks!

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Hey guys new guy here. Looking for a cash deal. Interested in Lancero's, and CC's. I haven't taken too big a plunge in CC's as I have to buy a whole box and don't want to risk not liking the smoke!

Thanks!
Please read first post, we have rules here for a reason.

"Cash deals are worked out via PM with your assigned sponsor. Sponsors will usually ask you what your flavor profile is/likes/dislikes and how much you are looking to spend. This is not an opportunity for you to ask for specific cigars, cuban cigars etc. After all, this is a noob trade!"

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
So I'm rarely left speechless. Today I received my end of a newb trade with @joe45. The following is a visual account of my experience:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
The best way to describe the sheer ass-whooping I've received is to make an analogy to the following moments in sports:
1) The first is a national classic, the end of the second Ali-Liston fight when Ali knocked Liston down in the first round thus ending the fight.image.jpg
And
2) As a Philly fan through and through, the following moment from the 2001 NBA Championship where Allen Iverson steps over Tyronn Lue after a jumper, is a perfect way to describe this bomb!image.jpg

In closing, I can only say THANK YOU JOE!!!!! Amazing selection of sticks and the humidor is awesome! I'm truly humbled and not sure how that can ever be topped! Thanks brother!

Respectfully,

Justin
aka JusBlaze

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I'm rarely left speechless. Today I received my end of a newb trade with @joe45. The following is a visual account of my experience:
View attachment 62046 View attachment 62047 View attachment 62048 View attachment 62049 View attachment 62050 View attachment 62051
The best way to describe the sheer ass-whooping I've recieved is to make an analogy to the following moments in sports:
1) The first is a national classic, the end of the second Ali-Liston fight when Ali knocked Liston down in the first round thus ending the fight.View attachment 62053
And
2) As a Philly fan through and through, the following moment from the 2001 NBA Championship where Allen Iverson steps over Tyronn Lue after a jumper, is a perfect way to describe this bomb!View attachment 62058

In closing, I can only say THANK YOU JOE!!!!! Amazing selection of sticks and the humidor is awesome! I'm truly humbled and not sure how that can ever be topped! Thanks brother!

Respectfully,

Justin
aka JusBlaze

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
View attachment 62046 View attachment 62047 View attachment 62048 View attachment 62049 View attachment 62050 View attachment 62051
The best way to describe the sheer ass-whooping I've received is to make an analogy to the following moments in sports:
1) The first is a national classic, the end of the second Ali-Liston fight when Ali knocked Liston down in the first round thus ending the fight.View attachment 62053
And
2) As a Philly fan through and through, the following moment from the 2001 NBA Championship where Allen Iverson steps over Tyronn Lue after a jumper, is a perfect way to describe this bomb!View attachment 62058

Respectfully,

Justin
aka JusBlaze

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
And

Respectfully,

Justin
aka JusBlaze
Enjoy Justin. The humidor was one I bought probably almost 20 years ago. Found it recently while cleaning out a room and thought it needed a new home.

Looks like this trade is completed. I know I was very happy with my end.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Woohoo!!! I received my Bomb today. I knew something was up when the mail man said my box is ticking and not to open it until he left.. I opened the box and BOOOM!!! Good thing I was wearing this: Sirspankalot_bomb_suit.jpg
SpankBomb.jpg
Thank You Brother! These are all new to me. You can't tell by this photo but the liga 9 has yellowing on the label nice age on them. I've been spanked by SIrspankalot....

Status
Not open for further replies.