What's new

BOTL Newbie Sampler Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Words cannot describe the bomb from @THEMISCHMAN that decimated my mailbox today.

When I joined the BOTL last month, I thought I had a basic understanding of what that meant. But now it's clear I had no idea.
This package from @THEMISCHMAN exemplifies everything the BOTL intends to be.

Thank you Brother! You really went above and beyond. I will enjoy every smoke (I haven't tried a single one of these) and especially the barleywine!

Pic1.png Pic2.jpg Pic3.jpgScreen Shot 2015-04-21 at 10.34.40 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Words cannot describe the bomb from @THEMISCHMAN that decimated my mailbox today.

When I joined the BOTL last month, I thought I had a basic understanding of what that meant. But now it's clear I had no idea.

Thank you Brother! You really went above and beyond. I will enjoy every smoke (I haven't tried a single one of these) and especially the barleywine!

View attachment 62400 View attachment 62401 View attachment 62402
Great hit @THEMISCHMAN!!! The Cien años maduro is so fockin ridiculously good! Well done!

BoneYard

Spent loot on Scotch,Women&Cigars -rest I wasted.
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I thought I had taken all the necessary precautions..
Post-7.jpg

...but the mail came today anyway.

tumblr_mapwbuU4u91r94bak.png
@Wicket 's package left me dazed, confused, was I hungry? All I could do was stand there...

From Wicket1.JPG From Wicket3.JPG From Wicket4.JPG

Breakfast was just a yogurt and 3 cups of coffee, maybe I was seeing things.
Does that say Johnny-O CC on the white banded shag foot? I write a quick note to Joe and get something like this in response:
;)
wow. I place the cigars in the wineador, pick up the bottle of Bourbon and decide its time for lunch.
Its been hot and raining here the last few days and the clouds have just cleared. The ambient RH has finally dropped in the last few hours to 74%. It's been in the mid 80% range for over 2 days, and I haven't had a halfway decent burn in way too long. I open the desktop and pull out the last Dante. It's starting to feel like a good day for jalapeno & cheddar sausages. I fire up the charcoal grill, sit down and wait. Not being good at waiting, I light my smoke and pour a glass of bourbon from 9500 feet... Its from Breckenridge and this is Fort Lauderdale.... I've never tried it, I'm a scotch drinker by heritage and while I've enjoyed some bourbons, its not scotch. Expecting that high oak in the nose I take my first sip. Before I remove the glass from my lips, and without notice, my knees buckle. What in the good graces of our holy mother is this? I take another sip and am sure some angel has draped me in a blanket and laid a soft pillow of feathers for my head. Could it possibly be this way? For the next good while, not really sure how long, I stew in sweet purgatory between the rich earth of a Dante cigar and the heavenly honey bourbon from high mountains in Colorado.

IMG_0479.JPG

As lunch comes off the grill, I carelessly let it cool. Preferring to nub this cigar, sip this bourbon and not be interrupted.
Thanks Joe... Can't wait to break into those smokes, really brother, thanks.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
View attachment 62463

View attachment 62464
@Wicket 's package left me dazed, confused, was I hungry? All I could do was stand there...

View attachment 62466 View attachment 62467 View attachment 62468

Does that say Johnny-O CC on the white banded shag foot? I write a quick note to Joe and get something like this in response:
;)
wow. I place the cigars in the wineador, pick up the bottle of Bourbon and decide its time for lunch.
Its been hot and raining here the last few days and the clouds have just cleared. The ambient RH has finally dropped in the last few hours to 74%. It's been in the mid 80% range for over 2 days, and I haven't had a halfway decent burn in way too long. I open the desktop and pull out the last Dante. It's starting to feel like a good day for jalapeno & cheddar sausages. I fire up the charcoal grill, sit down and wait. Not being good at waiting, I light my smoke and pour a glass of bourbon from 9500 feet... Its from Breckenridge and this is Fort Lauderdale.... I've never tried it, I'm a scotch drinker by heritage and while I've enjoyed some bourbons, its not scotch. Expecting that high oak in the nose I take my first sip. Before I remove the glass from my lips, and without notice, my knees buckle. What in the good graces of our holy mother is this? I take another sip and am sure some angel has draped me in a blanket and laid a soft pillow of feathers for my head. Could it possibly be this way? For the next good while, not really sure how long, I stew in sweet purgatory between the rich earth of a Dante cigar and the heavenly honey bourbon from high mountains in Colorado.

View attachment 62474

As lunch comes off the grill, I carelessly let it cool. Preferring to nub this cigar, sip this bourbon and not be interrupted.
That is how you abuse a newb :ROFLMAO: Outstanding hit Joe, and on a very deserving brother too (y) FYI, you really should've kept that whole scotch comment to yourself :ROFLMAO: Thanks for that little tidbit of info :sneaky:

BoneYard

Spent loot on Scotch,Women&Cigars -rest I wasted.
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
That is how you abuse a newb :ROFLMAO: Outstanding hit Joe, and on a very deserving brother too (y) FYI, you really should've kept that whole scotch comment to yourself :ROFLMAO: Thanks for that little tidbit of info :sneaky:
Haven't you already destroyed the entire East Coast? Can't you leave just a little bit of paradise standing? ohhh the humanity...

Rating - 100%
8   0   0

View attachment 62400 View attachment 62401 View attachment 62402View attachment 62406
View attachment 62463

View attachment 62464

View attachment 62466 View attachment 62467 View attachment 62468

;)

View attachment 62474

Good Lord in Heaven! These are absolutely ridiculous! Well done @THEMISCHMAN and @Wicket. You guys are crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.