What's new

BOTL Newbie Sampler Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Damn! @JusBlaze may claim to be a newbie, but I don't believe it! He sent an amazing selection and certainly did his homework on what I like. I've been craving a cojonu for a while now, so you read my mind on that one. Typical Botl math and a great packing job too!

I knew I was in trouble when it didn't fit in the mailbox

Edit: couple more pics. I hit send too early.

Help me out with the unbanned one?
Lol I went to the Smallbatchcigar School for cigar packaging! They taught me everything I know!
As for the unbanded on the left side of the bag on the right, it's the Crowned Heads Paniolo Especiale (corona gorda version of the Tennessee Waltz); next to that is the Illusione MC Slam, both are courtesy of my buddy Marvin from R. Field Wine Co. in Hawaii.
Enjoy Joe!!!!!

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Lol I went to the Smallbatchcigar School for cigar packaging! They taught me everything I know!
As for the unbanded on the left side of the bag on the right, it's the Crowned Heads Paniolo Especiale (corona gorda version of the Tennessee Waltz); next to that is the Illusione MC Slam, both are courtesy of my buddy Marvin from R. Field Wine Co. in Hawaii.
Enjoy Joe!!!!!
I thought it looked like one of the CH limited releases but couldn't place it. Been looking to try that one. Nice job! Your end will go out on Monday.

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Just a friendly reminder that both parties should leave feedback after receiving their end.

Completed Trades

danmdevries - multi-useless
Smoqman - mguti (cash deal)
Wicket - otismyman

Current Trades

javajunkie - s_bell (Canadian)
USHOG - jeremybyrd
dharbolt - alex trader
Smoqman - zarhan (cash deal Canada) waiting for response from noob
bigbill72 - Ian T
johnnylieberman - rmg
Smoqman - captainsaint - (canadian cash deal)
daleo8803 - 04edge40
deadmanspoint - keyyoung20 (cash deal)
Chefboyrg54 - Cricken
Wicket - boneyard
Wicket - The Munt (cash deal) Australia
sirspanksalot - dookdook
joe45 - jusblaze
TheMischman - dick leighton

Newbies waiting for a sponsor:

Tom1984
Dave Nielson
GPJKSU

Sponsors on deck:

Shadowcam (cash deal)
Chefboyrg54 (cash deal)
Smoqman (cash deal)

On Hold - first chance used

atllogix
USMC0621
Ben Murphy (UK - cash deal)
Gjoconnell
KFBR932

Newbies That Disappeared:

press_mute
Zigman
Henry
Stogies&Bogeys
jrodzilla
GoldenX
akarolandc
alex83
Theonejeff
ozarkantlers
rrussman1978
cigarsandtigers
CaptSkip
aguerrero201
LigaDaddy412
DirtyHarrie
stogiemonster
98cobra
KLF (Cash Deal - Int Shipping)

Last edited:

BoneYard

Spent loot on Scotch,Women&Cigars -rest I wasted.
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
No worries @Wicket , enjoy em brother. You can roast in a cast iron skillet if you want to try it out first before investing in equipment. Another way to roast is with a whirly popcorn maker ($30). Then there are pro roasters... Either way, only takes a few minutes, from what I understand the results are amazing. I got a couple pounds for myself to try out roasting as well. There are lots of youtube vids on this, but this is a good one:
""
Some more good info: http://homeroastcoffee.com/pages/how-to-roast-coffee-for-beginners

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
@Wicket, @BoneYard

Just wanted to holler at you guys and give you a piece of information I picked up while researching home roasting a while back:

I was told to never roast indoors, and if you have to then do it as little as necessary. The reasoning is that the roasting releases the oils from the coffee beans during cracking and the heat will carry them to the ceiling. If you do it long enough you could end up with a dark oil stain on your ceiling that will be very difficult to remove (you'd probably have to paint over it).

I still haven't tried it, just looked into it. Anyway, just trying to save a brother some heartache!

Status
Not open for further replies.