What's new

BOTL.org Newbie Sampler Thread (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Thanks for the tip Wasch24...here it goes......

I have just introduced myself today to this group of BOTL/SOTL today and am looking forward to getting into the swing of things. I posted on the trade forum also and per Wasch24, here I am. These were my posts (if I'm not following protocol please forgive me)..........

INTRO POST:
I can't remember if I did an intro, but I have been observing and this seems like a great place to hang and talk about cigars and other stuff. I'm over 50 and overweight but enjoy a good after dinner smoke. Only smoked on the golf course for years but around February I decided why not enjoy these little guys on a more serious level. Through trial and error, I have become a big fan of the medium bodied, well aged, Maduro (preferably a dark Costa Rican wrapper) that has some good length and a thick ring size. Gurkha (Legends), AF (LaUnica, Royal Salute SG) and 5 vegas 'A' are my most favorites.

I'm not a huge poster but like to share when I feel I can contribute. Thanks for having me.

TRADER POST

I know I don't have a confidence level established for trading yet, however, if you are a reputable trader and are interested, I will send my batch in good faith first so as to establish a good trading reputation. Hope I'm doing this thing the correct way. This is what I am looking to do.

I would like to trade for The 5 Vegas Apostle, Archetype, Alpha sizes or any combination...for the following:

2 X3 Triple Ligero 6.1x52
7 Gurkha Centurion XX Perfecto 6x60
2 Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight 6x52
3 JdN Antano 1970 Consul 4.5x52
2 Perdomo squared Exponente Cameroon 6x43
2 Camacho Corojo 4.5x52

All have been in my humi for only a month except for the Perdomo (4 months). They are in great condition, it's just that I am not enamored with the taste. One man's meat is another man's poison.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Just wanted to say that Bk came through in a big way. Sent me a great bottle of Scotch before I even got the last PM out to him. Great trade. We've got a great new bro here guys!

laxslayer

love them smokes
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well fox came through today with his half of the trade....all I have to say is excellent I cant wait to try these and the straggler he sent along for good measure they say great minds think alike! thanks Fox

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Package goes out today Moglman. May be to you for the 4th. I'd like to get rid of that zero rating next to my name. Gotten too many of those on tests in my life.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the kind words Dan,
You are a class act who sent an awesome package,it was even vacuum packed,lol. I couldn't wait and sparked up the Mag46 which was absolutely perfect! Great trade form a great brother. The Beverage Institute gave that bottle a rating of 96 is it really that good?
Dex

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Nice trade Dex. Haven't had time to open the bottle yet, but the holiday weekend is right around the corner and I suspect that that puppy will be cracked when I tourch up a Punch Punch or Boli RC. Thanks man. Great work. I've eyed that stuff up on several occations but never tried it. Definitely looking forward to it!

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Way to pop your cherry Dex. I see the (1) under your name for your trading rep. You've set the bar high for us new guys. I'm in mid-stream of my maiden voyage. Seems like a good group of folks here!

Sam

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Sam,
Welcome to BOTL! I feel like the kid Henry, lol. Great bunch of guys here and I'm sure you'll do just fine.

"Never rat on your friends (look at me) and always keep your mouth Shut!"

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Dex, is your signature from the movie "A Bronx Tale". Seen it a few times. One of my favorites. Cologgio 'C', was wacked in the Sopranos and in real life, he is doing time for theft or manslaughter. Best scene...Sonny says to the bikers in the bar, "Now youse can't leave" and the gumbas kick the crap out of them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No Sam, That quote came from the movie Goodfellas. I thought it was appropriate because you said. "you broke your cherry" like Paulie said to Henry when he got pinched for the first time, although a Bronx tale was a classic also.

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
and this is my cousin Paulie, my uncle Paulie, my cousin Anthony, my great uncle Paulie.........they are all great flicks, one of the best kept secrets of mob flicks was The Last Don with Danny Aiello and Joe Montegna......not too happy with this past season Sopranos.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
sarnone said:
Package goes out today Moglman. May be to you for the 4th. I'd like to get rid of that zero rating next to my name. Gotten too many of those on tests in my life.
Today was rough, the week rougher, and the month, well, the heck with it. Sarnone sent me a great package to end June on a great note. Thanks so much, Sam!! A Noob who knows what he likes and is happy to send the awesome leftovers out. Sam sent (going off of his note since I already put 'em in the humi) a La Unica, Gurkha Centurian XX (yum), Gurkha Titan, Gurkha Louis XIII, Cuesta Rey, Fuente Hemingway Short Story (always good), Perdomo 2 Cami, JdN Antano, and an OpusX (spicy). Nice job on the first pal.

Your package goes out in the am: 0103 8555 7497 7084 5372

Status
Not open for further replies.