What's new

BOTL.org Newbie Sampler Thread (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
:rofl:

Yes, Smokem, you are supposed to be sponsoring MangoMike...if you didn't intend to commit to that then by no means are you committed to do so.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I received AZsteelman's package today. My mailbox was destroyed!! Randy, you really went over the top bro. Great selection! I really appreciate your generousity.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know this is a stupid question and probably doesn't need to be discussed so feel free to pm me the answer, but MangoMike said that he had contacted a source and gotten box codes. What are box codes? And if we are talking box codes, somebody recomend a source, by pm of course. Sorry for the stupidity.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
The only stupid question is the one not asked!

Boxcodes are used to keep track of which factory in cuba made the cigars and the date they were made. It used to be easy to keep track of them so one would know exactly which factory made a particular box of cigars, but the cuban government decided they didn't want people seeking out cigars from particular factories. They wanted people to think that all cigars are created equal, no matter which factory made them. The blend is all the same riiiight??? So they began rotating codes frequently and are keeping the meaning of the codes a lot more guarded, so the date is the only information easily gotten from the codes recently. They want you to know that, not the factory.

Here is a link I have used with information about box codes.

http://www.cigarweekly.com/community/resources/cuban_box_codes.asp

Hope that helps.

Kevin

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I have an updated DC# for that package. I was running a little behind schedule so I had to use the Auto-mailer kiosk thing. I didn't know that I could use the dc# I already had...live & learn I guess.

New DC#[dcn]0306 0320 0000 0872 8465[/dcn]

Status
Not open for further replies.