What's new

BOTL.org Newbie Sampler Thread (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Noobs - Please do not post that you'd like to participate in this thread unless you have AT LEAST stopped by the introduction forums to introduce yourself.

Current rule revision. Post 620 at bottom of page.

Newbies, once your end arrives from your sponsor, please post here or PM me so that I know your trade is complete.

Newbies, if you do not hear from your sponsor in a day or two, PM them!

This is a ONE TIME trade to establish your trader rating.

JDog - jacobwaits (overseas - England) on hold
ATL - GoldenX (cash deal)
javajunkie - Carpenter69
Ciggy - Russ622 (in the works)
Morrisjohn - rmoon74
Speedbump - dangerclose (in the works)
hogfarmer - Rhino (in the works)
shadowcam - xerais (cash deal)
ATL - preston (in the works)

Newbies waiting for a sponsor:

Myfirstandlastname
SmokeAndMirrors
ms_cindylynn
FullBody Smoker
siakingsport
maduro marauder

Sponsors on deck:

Canuck section:

bdc30

Newbies That Disappeared

press_mute
Zigman
Henry
Stogies&Bogeys
jrodzilla

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Sent out today brudda! Not to brag but mine was 3lbs 8oz...Hmmm yep...Winner! :tongueout LMAO!
DC#9505 5103 3303 3144 5809 32

Holy Mother of!

Ok, I knew you were gonna rip me apart on the cigar end, I was expecting that, but you NAILED it on the pipe tobacco too! The Pelican is one of my ALL TIME favorites and just smoked the last bowl of the last jar I had a few weeks ago. You can NEVER go wrong with SL, and I have heard great things about Hyde Park. The others I have never had so it will be fun trying some new stuff. There was also a sample bag of Marble cake that for some reason did not make it into the pics. My wife thanks you for the hat as she stole it as soon as she saw it. The lighters are kick ass, and I have been eyeing the MOW cutter for a while now, I wanted one to go with my MOW Humidor.

Yup you won the battle but the war has just begun!

Thank you my friend,
Russ.

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Noobs - Please do not post that you'd like to participate in this thread unless you have AT LEAST stopped by the introduction forums to introduce yourself.

Current rule revision. Post 620 at bottom of page.

Newbies, once your end arrives from your sponsor, please post here or PM me so that I know your trade is complete.

Newbies, if you do not hear from your sponsor in a day or two, PM them!

This is a ONE TIME trade to establish your trader rating.

JDog - jacobwaits (overseas - England) on hold
javajunkie - Carpenter69
Speedbump - dangerclose (in the works)
hogfarmer - Rhino (in the works)
shadowcam - xerais (cash deal)
ATL - preston (in the works)
Morrisjohn - Myfirstandlastname

Newbies waiting for a sponsor:

SmokeAndMirrors
ms_cindylynn
FullBody Smoker
siakingsport
maduro marauder

Sponsors on deck:

Canuck section:

bdc30

Newbies That Disappeared

press_mute
Zigman
Henry
Stogies&Bogeys
jrodzilla
GoldenX
rmoon74

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Sent out today brudda! Not to brag but mine was 3lbs 8oz...Hmmm yep...Winner! :tongueout LMAO!
DC#9505 5103 3303 3144 5809 32

Holy Mother of!

Ok, I knew you were gonna rip me apart on the cigar end, I was expecting that, but you NAILED it on the pipe tobacco too! The Pelican is one of my ALL TIME favorites and just smoked the last bowl of the last jar I had a few weeks ago. You can NEVER go wrong with SL, and I have heard great things about Hyde Park. The others I have never had so it will be fun trying some new stuff. There was also a sample bag of Marble cake that for some reason did not make it into the pics. My wife thanks you for the hat as she stole it as soon as she saw it. The lighters are kick ass, and I have been eyeing the MOW cutter for a while now, I wanted one to go with my MOW Humidor.

Yup you won the battle but the war has just begun!

Thank you my friend,
Russ.
Love the Hyde Park bro...I think you will too! LOL on the wife stealing the hat! Atleast she got something out of it so that's cool. Glad it got to you without issue....Enjoy!!

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
There seriously noobs who just up and disappear. So what they receive there end then take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
No, newbies always send their end first. They just don't respond to our PMs and hurt our feelings :sadcry:

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Well I need to build my collection so I can get into this I'm really interested. The only issue I'm having is with everything going on I've neglected saving money to get a box so I'm hoping ill be able to join after all the craziness ends.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
There seriously noobs who just up and disappear. So what they receive there end then take off.

No, newbies always send their end first. They just don't respond to our PMs and hurt our feelings :sadcry:
this is part of why the novitiate mails out first, to ensure that they are following through, and also so the sponsorship doesn't unload a crap ton of high quality (nice retaliation, tommy boy, BTWs!) and get bundles in return or some such. in return, tenured members in good standing are expected to make absolutely certain that the communications and the trade itself are all clear and fair. which is a pain if someone drops a huge pile on a sponsor, but i cannot begrudge trying to go large in your first outing, just maybe some friendly guidelines before the boxes fly.

in the end, it does kinda suck to be left hanging, and it does suck to tie up sponsors, especially with n00bs waiting, but this trade is not really a requirement. it does, however, look bad if you cannot make the simplest of trades happen under (hopefully) expert supervision, and makes any future trading dificult. sometimes it is cold feet, sometimes the real world intervenes, and some people drift off never to log on again. then again, many of the people i have sponsored still post, actively, still trade and bomb, and that makes it pretty cool in the end.

N00BS! try to make this a commitment when you sign up! but life happens, and the best thing you can do is stay in communication, let us know what is going on. the difference between MIA and "working on it" can really be just about 3 minutes of Internet time, and one well placed PM. o)

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0

this is part of why the novitiate mails out first, to ensure that they are following through, and also so the sponsorship doesn't unload a crap ton of high quality (nice retaliation, tommy boy, BTWs!) and get bundles in return or some such. in return, tenured members in good standing are expected to make absolutely certain that the communications and the trade itself are all clear and fair. which is a pain if someone drops a huge pile on a sponsor, but i cannot begrudge trying to go large in your first outing, just maybe some friendly guidelines before the boxes fly.

in the end, it does kinda suck to be left hanging, and it does suck to tie up sponsors, especially with n00bs waiting, but this trade is not really a requirement. it does, however, look bad if you cannot make the simplest of trades happen under (hopefully) expert supervision, and makes any future trading dificult. sometimes it is cold feet, sometimes the real world intervenes, and some people drift off never to log on again. then again, many of the people i have sponsored still post, actively, still trade and bomb, and that makes it pretty cool in the end.

N00BS! try to make this a commitment when you sign up! but life happens, and the best thing you can do is stay in communication, let us know what is going on. the difference between MIA and "working on it" can really be just about 3 minutes of Internet time, and one well placed PM. o)
What Sean said. Thanks for taking the time to post this bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.