What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Do you guys have any recommendations for full strength tobaccos I can go try this weekend? One of the things I have been struggling with is finding a tobacco I like or that even comes remotely close to cigars in terms of flavor. None of the tobaccos I have tried have been bad but I dont think they hold a candle to the flavors of my stogies.

I have tried everything you send me utah plus the guys at my local b&m have been sending me home with at least a few samples everytime i swing by. Next on the to try list is orlik golden slice, they gave me a tin of that last sunday but I have yet to crack it open.
the strongest one i sent you was frog morton, which is considered a light english. are you not getting flavor, smoke, or nic hit?

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
What's considered a strong English, I dig the frog Morton you sent
I would say one of the strongest if not the strongest would be GL Pease's Odyssey. If I remember correctly it is the only English blend with over 50% Latakia in it. No I haven't tried it yet. Will one day. So this isn't my opinion but what I got from listening to an interview.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
1792 is a virginia flake. Strong nic hit. As with most virginias lots of sugar hence the tongue bite. I don't think u can find an English that's going to be that strong. If I remember right, that was one of the wetest flakes I've ever handled.

If u want a stronger english u can buy straight latakia and cut it in ur fav english.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Okay, because I need another slippery slope to start careening down, sign me up as a pipe n00b, please!
You got it. And I'm going to take you because ur on my list anyway. Just haven't had time to do it. I won't be able to pack it till probably middle of next week cuz I've been working 12hr days. I already picked up ur pipe and a couple of things i needed for ur box. I'm just so far behind. My apologies.
Awesome!

I'll get three "midrange price" cigars out to you early this next week (heh heh heh). Since you accidentally added the "and a couple of things I needed for ur box", the sticks headed out to you just went from three midrange to something else.

I already have your addy, BTW. :eyebrow:

Seriously though - take your time. I've waited 45 years to get into a pipe so a couple of more weeks won't kill me!

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Okay, because I need another slippery slope to start careening down, sign me up as a pipe n00b, please!
You got it. And I'm going to take you because ur on my list anyway. Just haven't had time to do it. I won't be able to pack it till probably middle of next week cuz I've been working 12hr days. I already picked up ur pipe and a couple of things i needed for ur box. I'm just so far behind. My apologies.
Awesome!

I'll get three "midrange price" cigars out to you early this next week (heh heh heh). Since you accidentally added the "and a couple of things I needed for ur box", the sticks headed out to you just went from three midrange to something else.

I already have your addy, BTW. :eyebrow:

Seriously though - take your time. I've waited 45 years to get into a pipe so a couple of more weeks won't kill me!
Nope. I've decided I don't want you to send to me. I want to to send some yard gars/everyday smokes to ENV for his troop package. And i will send you a pipe sampler. Agreed?

Mark box troops so Eddy knows who its for and it will also enter you for the cigar prize in my contest.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Nope. I've decided I don't want you to send to me. I want to to send some yard gars/everyday smokes to ENV for his troop package. And i will send you a pipe sampler. Agreed?

Mark box troops so Eddy knows who its for and it will also enter you for the cigar prize in my contest.
Heading out in tomorrow's mail for Eddy's troop package: 9405 9036 9930 0160 2684 39