What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
So I got iries package today, unfortunately there was a accident and several sticks perished in the resulting fire, here was the pre carnage list and a awesome Oakley lanyard. My favorite papas fritas, a never had tat petite presave, tat Miami 10th aniv, don pepin series jj, a epc new wave and a perdomo champagne. Your package should be out wed or thursday.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Resulting fires?!?!? uh oh I think I forgot to put something in the bag. This is what i get for writing my list after I seal the box... I think I might have a spare... Glad everything else arrived safe and sound.

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
So when JavaJunkie sent me my part of the deal he put in his note about a pipe that was smoking well but did not include said pipe. So forward to now he sends me a new pipe in a box and a box of Prince Albert. Very nice sir and very much appreciated. This shall tide me over till that botl pipe gets made hahahaha.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Javajunkie thoroughly destroyed my mail box yesterday with this way to generous package. A ton of different English, Virginian, and aromatic blends, corn cob and briar pipes. Now I just have to figure it where to start sampling.

There was one casualty as I attempting to disarm this package, a piece if shrapnel caught him.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
You sent me a ten stack when the buy in was three-ish sticks. Deal, and enjoy. O)
Oh I plan on enjoying them. And thank you for including the pipe baccy of the month (past two months), I am going to try the pirate first I think.

As far as dealing, you never know when you will start hearing a ticking noise at your door.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
came home to a very delicious smelling box from Utah yesterday. Opened it up and this is what I found :)

WOW.... way more than I was expecting thanks again AW this is awesome.

Already broke it in with the frog morton and it smoked like a champ. I used the "frank" method to pack it (thank you youtube) and didn't have it go out on me one time. Flavor was great, very subtle compared to even the most mild cigar but it was a great smoking experience. I cant wait to try the rest of the baccys.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have more pipe tobacco then I can smoke, I get more joy out of bombing people to let them try then I do letting it sit in my cabinet.:skew:

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Frog is my favorite but I also like having different blends at different times. Enjoy and any questions feel free to ask, there is a lot of combined experience on this site.
I enjoyed the frog morton quite a bit, Harvest on hudson wasnt bad, same with Meat pie. Going to try some of the more pronounced aromatics this week.

I was at my local B&M this weekend and talking to one of my buddies there and ironically he asked if I had tried pipes yet. Told him I finally did friday and asked what I thought and he recommended that I try smoking only a pipe for the week, no cigars to really get the full experience without cigars on my palate. He gave me a sample of one of their house blends to try and said if I start to enjoy it It is worth buying a briar pipe as the flavor will be a lot better in one. Is that true?

I recently found out my brother in law smokes pipes occasionally so I of course invited them over saturday so we could smoke together and I tried his briar pipe and honestly didnt notice a difference in flavor between his briar and my cob and we were both smoking harvet on hudson.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Ok im going to step in for a sec until grrr kicks me out so this is as I see it if I got something wrong or missed something please tell me

Newbies
1. 3/5 king
2. Ramzafreak20

Sponsors
Andysc83
Utahrootbeer

In the works:
Javajunkie - FullbodySmoker - completed
Hoshneer - Hillbillypyro - completed
Grrrrr609 - Cgraunke - completed
Gentimmy - jklavins - completed
Utahrootbeer - jhewey - completed
Grrrrr609 - KGD - completed
Andysc83 - Moldman - completed
Javajunkie - Romulus Cogswell - completed
Utahrootbeer - Bill6211789 - completed
Andysc83 - BrittS88 - completed
Hoshy - Anthony joseph - completed
Javajunkie - Deadman's Point - completed
Javajunkie - JayE - completed
andysc83 - Whtwtrman70 - completed
Hoshneer - davewittwer - completed
Javajunkie - CJM9177 - completed
Hoshneer - Doc Sixstring - completed
AndySC83 - Big Lou - completed
Grrrrr609 - Smokinghole - completed
Utahrootbeer - Tag9485 - completed
Javajunkie - sirspanksalot - completed
Utahrootbeer - Problemsolverjc - completed
Javajunkie - cigarplunk - completed
Grrrrr609 - Reckless - in the works
Grrrrr609 - rfraser - completed
Grrrrr609 - h3rrington - in the works
UtahRootBeer - Irie -completed
Javajunkie - jvonier -completed

so 3/5King pm andysc83
Ramzafreak20 pm utahrootbeer

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I have more pipe tobacco then I can smoke, I get more joy out of bombing people to let them try then I do letting it sit in my cabinet.:skew:
I know we have requirements for the sponsors but I cant find them right now, one of them for sure is that you have to participate in the cigar noob trade to get your trade rating going. If Javajunkie or grrrr reads this and can find our sponsor specifics I would apreciate the repost or edit in the first page.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Ok im going to step in for a sec until grrr kicks me out so this is as I see it if I got something wrong or missed something please tell me

Newbies
1. 3/5 king
2. Ramzafreak20

Sponsors
Andysc83
Utahrootbeer

In the works:
Javajunkie - FullbodySmoker - completed
Hoshneer - Hillbillypyro - completed
Grrrrr609 - Cgraunke - completed
Gentimmy - jklavins - completed
Utahrootbeer - jhewey - completed
Grrrrr609 - KGD - completed
Andysc83 - Moldman - completed
Javajunkie - Romulus Cogswell - completed
Utahrootbeer - Bill6211789 - completed
Andysc83 - BrittS88 - completed
Hoshy - Anthony joseph - completed
Javajunkie - Deadman's Point - completed
Javajunkie - JayE - completed
andysc83 - Whtwtrman70 - completed
Hoshneer - davewittwer - completed
Javajunkie - CJM9177 - completed
Hoshneer - Doc Sixstring - completed
AndySC83 - Big Lou - completed
Grrrrr609 - Smokinghole - completed
Utahrootbeer - Tag9485 - completed
Javajunkie - sirspanksalot - completed
Utahrootbeer - Problemsolverjc - completed
Javajunkie - cigarplunk - completed
Grrrrr609 - Reckless - in the works
Grrrrr609 - rfraser - completed
Grrrrr609 - h3rrington - in the works
UtahRootBeer - Irie -completed
Javajunkie - jvonier -completed

so 3/5King pm andysc83
Ramzafreak20 pm utahrootbeer
Thanx brother. Tried to edit this earlier but Tapatalk wouldn't let me and when i opened the botl page in a browser it crashed.