What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Well I guess I'm ready to dive head first into the pipe world. I've been restoring my Dad's old pipes and have been smoking them as they're finished. I've been digging the tobacco I picked up a couple weeks ago (Early Morning Pipe, Night Cap, mixture 9 something or other, and Plum Cake) but need some assistance exploring what's out there. I don't think I'll like aromatics, but you never know! I don't need pipes, just a few samplers of the various blends that you experts think are worth checking out. I have a butt-ton of cigars, so I prefer to trade.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Well I guess I'm ready to dive head first into the pipe world. I've been restoring my Dad's old pipes and have been smoking them as they're finished. I've been digging the tobacco I picked up a couple weeks ago (Early Morning Pipe, Night Cap, mixture 9 something or other, and Plum Cake) but need some assistance exploring what's out there. I don't think I'll like aromatics, but you never know! I don't need pipes, just a few samplers of the various blends that you experts think are worth checking out. I have a butt-ton of cigars, so I prefer to trade.

Thanks!

I've got you on this one, brother!

Sent from my iPad using Crap-a-Talk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have an order placed, couldnt get it drop shipped. So gonna be a few extra days.

No rush Grrrrr I am just happy to have the opportunity to give pipes a try. Dan told me about this thread on here after I tried a trade on cbid. I completely forgot to look over here. Watching youtube videos like its my job to learn how to pack it and clean it properly this weekend lol.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
No rush Grrrrr I am just happy to have the opportunity to give pipes a try. Dan told me about this thread on here after I tried a trade on cbid. I completely forgot to look over here. Watching youtube videos like its my job to learn how to pack it and clean it properly this weekend lol.
Be sure you enjoy it. That's the biggest thing. Pipes are about relaxation and enjoyment. Don't sweat the small things. Relights are part of it. Your packing skills will come as you learn the different tobaccos Dave trades you.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

So I have history with Grrrr on another board and I know how he plays but this is crazy!!! Awesome box to open up when I got home and I know you said no hit backs but this sis deserving of something at least. Thanks Grrrr this is definitely going to get me started and lots of blends to try out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
163   0   0

So I have history with Grrrr on another board and I know how he plays but this is crazy!!! Awesome box to open up when I got home and I know you said no hit backs but this sis deserving of something at least. Thanks Grrrr this is definitely going to get me started and lots of blends to try out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Enjoy it my friend.

Just a recommendation, but start with the 5 brothers. It's a shag cut. Easy to pack, easy to light. If you screw it up pack another bowl. It's a straight burley, it's cheap but I enjoy it. I use it as first bowl in all my pipes.

Both of those pipes are intended for you to abuse. I'd start with the cob but that's just me. The other samples are all over the map. Find what you enjoy and chase similar blends. Mason jars are the best way to store those.

Don't stress if they dry out. Just spritz the baccy with your DW bottle and it will be fine.

Any questions Shaun, hit me up.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Enjoy it my friend.

Just a recommendation, but start with the 5 brothers. It's a shag cut. Easy to pack, easy to light. If you screw it up pack another bowl. It's a straight burley, it's cheap but I enjoy it. I use it as first bowl in all my pipes.

Both of those pipes are intended for you to abuse. I'd start with the cob but that's just me. The other samples are all over the map. Find what you enjoy and chase similar blends. Mason jars are the best way to store those.

Don't stress if they dry out. Just spritz the baccy with your DW bottle and it will be fine.

Any questions Shaun, hit me up.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Will do on all accounts and probably hit you with some questions as well. Thinking of my first venture into the pipe world tonight after the little ones mom picks her up. Thanks again Grrr I have your addy lol.