What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Hey yall, want to see if I can get in on this, looking for someone to sponsor me. Been off the boards for a couple years; job got busy, had a kiddo, got another one on the way.

All that to say, I don't seem to have time to sit much for 1.5 hours and smoke a cigar nowadays! Any takers? I'll make it worth your while!
Hang in there I’m sure we can find someone to hook you up!

Sent from Area 51 using telepathy

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Well Shawn absolutely crushed me. Holy hell man I don't think I'll be able to walk right for a week. Many thanks sir.

@Xavier Dredo thank you again, I'm off to the races.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enjoy brother, I tried to give you a wide variety of cuts, blends, and strengths, avoiding aromatics all together. The rope is high in nicotine and can be cut into small coins, rubbed out and packed, a little goes a long way. The Escudo (my favorite) and Peter Stokkebye Bulleseye can be rubbed out or folded in quarters and stuffed. The C&D Cake should be sliced thin and rubbed out. Probably the easiest to pack and get lit is the Esoterica “And So To Bed”. Have fun, I always like to read reviews on Tobacco Reviews while I’m smoking a new blend:

https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Enjoy brother, I tried to give you a wide variety of cuts, blends, and strengths, avoiding aromatics all together. The rope is high in nicotine and can be cut into small coins, rubbed out and packed, a little goes a long way. The Escudo (my favorite) and Peter Stokkebye Bulleseye can be rubbed out or folded in quarters and stuffed. The C&D Cake should be sliced thin and rubbed out. Probably the easiest to pack and get lit is the Esoterica “And So To Bed”. Have fun, I always like to read reviews on Tobacco Reviews while I’m smoking a new blend:

https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/

Thank you Shawn, I'm tackling a few of these this weekend. They smell damn good.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
IMG_20181207_183642277_1.jpg
Well, I'm not sure this is exactly the "few samples" that we discussed, but @navyvet trashed my mailbox today.

Got all kinds of good stuff to try, including several that I'm told are out of production. The two you can't read in my lousy picture are Prince Andrew and War Horse.
This was incredibly generous, especially sending me a bunch of those he can't replace, and even more so since I don't know what I'm doing yet.

First on the list to try was War Horse. It's one Ryan talked about before he even mentioned he was bombing me. Tasted good, smelled very cool. Had a mint, black licorice thing going, but didn't come across as flavored or sweet. Not come across those notes in a cigar that way.

Here's my first try, using a pipe I strongly suspect was bombed to me by @Pennywise827 .
IMG_20181207_211745081.jpg

Ryan and @Glassman talked me through filling, tamping, lighting, praying, twerking, posing in downward dog, and all the other assorted rituals to get it going.
Of course I screwed it up, but they got me close enough to be able to enjoy my first bowl.

Thanks for everything gentlemen. More than I needed, but will help me slide down the slope.
:)