What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Pipe Newbie Sampler thread

The purpose of tis thread is to introduce our BOTL cigar smokers to the Brotherhood of the Briar here on BOTL.

For the Pipe Newbies:
Been curious to try pipes? Sign up and one of our pipe sponsors with trade with you a small sampler of his likes to introduce you to the pleasures of pipe tobacco (or baccy as i tend to call it). When your sponsor has been assigned, contact that sponsor to arrange your trade. Good communication with your sponsor will help ensure a fair trade and also help make your pipe experience enjoyable.

Requirements:
It is my belief that the BOTL Newbies come to this site for cigars, we just want to offer to expand their love/hobby/addiction to pipes and pipe tobacco. Yes, push you down the slippey slope. So with that said, it is required to have a 100% trader rating of one (1) and participated in the Cigar Newbie Sampler Thread. (Requirements subject to change)

For the Sponsors;
For right now, the trades shall consist of cigars for a pipe sampler. Im thinking a 3er of cigars from your sponsee. The cigars being in the midrange price range. Please no dog rockets, and high end HTF isnt really fair. Once you receive the cigars, you shall send your sampler. The sampler shall contain a minimum of, an MM cob, pipe tamp, pipe cleaners, and 5 samples of at least 1/2 ounce. A sample such as this will fit into a SFR. With pipe tobacco being much more affordable than cigars, I feel this is fair. Input and feedback is encouraged and welcome.

All the above is subject to change.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Newbies
1. Fullbody smoker

Sponsors
1. Javajunkie
2. Grrrrr609
3. Hoshneer
4. Gentimmy
5. Utahrootbeer

Last edited:

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am down to be a newbie as soon as I get picked up for my newbie cigar trade. Should be soon. I'm next on the list. Ill post again once I'm picked up there and qualify for this trade. I have always wanted to try a pipe, I just have no clue how or where to start.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Good on all the sponsors here for doing this. Much more time and thought had to go into getting someone started in this, rather that cigars. Good job guys!

KK33

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Down to sponsor. Should have enough tobacco for 10 samples ;)
Smoke, when u get back in town hit me up via pm and we will chat about it and work it out.

I am down to be a newbie as soon as I get picked up for my newbie cigar trade. Should be soon. I'm next on the list. Ill post again once I'm picked up there and qualify for this trade. I have always wanted to try a pipe, I just have no clue how or where to start.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Thats exactly what this thread is for. To get you the basic you need to start and guide you along the way. Hit us up once u get thru the cigar sampler side.