What's new

Botl Plugged Cigar Review Panel

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
attachment removed - see later post for updated version

Figure most everyone has their tracking set up, but until the "official" analytical files are set up, here's the log I'm using to the extent it is helpful for others.

Also Jfire - let me know if I should change the content. Some fields are extra and I figure those doing the number crunching will have the hardest time standardizing naming conventions. May be easiest to use drop down boxes. Thoughts from others on that?

Attachments

Last edited:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Very Nice Matt! Just remember guys Ill need you to post every cigar as a one of the 3 options at the end. Plugged, tight exceptable.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I've just been saving mine as a word document, suppose I could swap over to a spreadsheet before it starts getting too long though. How often do we want the data brought up? Once a week?

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
View attachment 27809

Figure most everyone has their tracking set up, but until the "official" analytical files are set up, here's the log I'm using to the extent it is helpful for others.

Also Jfire - let me know if I should change the content. Some fields are extra and I figure those doing the number crunching will have the hardest time standardizing naming conventions. May be easiest to use drop down boxes. Thoughts from others on that?
Dude, welcome to 2013. Might want to update your sheet to 2013 unless your back tracking to 1/1/12 for that HDM. Also I'm using the comments for box codes.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
you all could share a good doc spreadsheet online and everyone could just edit that as they go, maybe each person has their own tab in the document, this way you can see each others as this progresses?

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
you all could share a good doc spreadsheet online and everyone could just edit that as they go, maybe each person has their own tab in the document, this way you can see each others as this progresses?
google docs would work well for this, assuming it works for those pulling together the analysis spreadsheet

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
going to light one up tonight, should i be tracking my own results and giving them to you later? posting them somewhere? is there a public spreadsheet we can use where we are all editing? cheers

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
going to light one up tonight, should i be tracking my own results and giving them to you later? posting them somewhere? is there a public spreadsheet we can use where we are all editing? cheers
From what I understand we track our own. I think Jfire said there may be a spreadsheet coming soon (by February I think?).

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Didn't see the last few comments in here until tonight. :( Probably after I opened the sub forum group up. I have a get together with Jdog this week. I will have a decision one way or another if we will use a google docs. Just don't want anything happening to the data if it's accessible to all. (accidents)
I posted a brief direction on Jan totals for everyone in the subgroup.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Actually seeing this late but over past few months of only smoking NCs never snagged a plugged cigar until recent when I bought a box of H. Upmann Edicion Limitada 2011 CC and every damn cigar seems to be plugged (smoked 5 or attempted but the draw was so tight I could have passed out). Very disappointing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360102951.042522.jpg

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Actually seeing this late but over past few months of only smoking NCs never snagged a plugged cigar until recent when I bought a box of H. Upmann Edicion Limitada 2011 CC and every damn cigar seems to be plugged (smoked 5 or attempted but the draw was so tight I could have passed out). Very disappointing.

View attachment 28701
That's probably because H. Upmann did not have a 2011 EL. Good news is at least you couldn't draw god knows what. Hope those didn't set you back to far.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Really? What a bad one! Didn't set me back really bought them off a friend who had no luck getting a good draw so sold the box to me for about $40. None the less probably should have done a little research myself to begin with. Guess you live and learn.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Threads like these always kind of surprise me. I smoke somewhere between 20-30 cigars a week. I never smoke the same brand or line twice. My cigars are stored at 70/65%. I couldn't tell you the last time I got a plugged cigar, but I know it hasn't been in the last 6 months. My feeling is that 9 times out of 10 burn issues, plugging, etc. are the result of a less than optimal storage environment.