What's new

BOTL Weight Loss Thread

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I've just kind of been hovering. Not being real strict on my Cal In / Cal Out - and cut workouts from six to four days a week for the summer. Mid July I had a work trip, less than a week after took the family to FL, and 4 days after returning from FL I went on my yearly golf outing (five days). So as you can imagine for about a month I haven't been working out AND I've been eating like crap. I'm up about 10lbs.

Monday I start back up. I already know two days of better eating and gym time and I'll lose the initial bloat and drop 3-4lbs right away. The rest I'll have to work at again. No interest in going into the winter playing catch up though!!

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m down around 9lbs cutting out soda and using fruit instead of junk foods as snacks. Plain roasted unsalted peanuts are my new best friend. Keeping calories under 2000 pretty easily and adding some weight resistant workouts as well as extending my dog walking time is making a difference surely. I have a husky and would smoke while walking but she’s a bit hyper still.
Been foreman grilling chicken and using dried beans in the crock pot as a side for more fiber. Yes I’m careful if it adding anything like a hunk of ham which was different but in a good way. I’m tasting more flavors in everything I eat and smoke. If this continues I may never look back.
For me it’s more about eating RIGHT rather than being on a diet. I’ve known my whole life the risks of certain things and didn’t care.
No worries though, I’m not about too stop smoking cigars or pipe tobacco till you rip them from my cold dead hands.
Some things I’m willing to accept the risk of.
Good luck all!
I’m still fighting the fight with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Glad to see some others are on the journey. I started the year around 300 lbs. Currently 282 and feeling stronger than ever. Not doing a hardcore diet or a lot of cardio, but in making better dietary choices and lifting 5 days a week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Glad to see some others are on the journey. I started the year around 300 lbs. Currently 282 and feeling stronger than ever. Not doing a hardcore diet or a lot of cardio, but in making better dietary choices and lifting 5 days a week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Duuude!!!! Lookin good Tyson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got fat myself, way too fat. Back to back injuries, finally moving around better. Figured I would start off slow. There are stairs on both sides of the dam, up and down both sets twice, then a nice one mile jog. I thought the stairs were going to be the death of me. Of course it was 90 degrees with high humidity. 20190822_155903 - Copy.jpg

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Where's some motivational posts/pics? The wife already informed me that we are going on a 5 mile run today. I am not going to bs anyone, it will be more like an old man jog. I predict a picture involving lots of ice and a cigar later today.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I retired 3 years ago from a physically active job and while I have stayed fairly active, but not like when I was working. I am 66 and have the old man belly. When I got on Medicare w/ a supplement I decided it was time to put this old car in the shop and get checked out. After tons of medical tests with surprisingly good results I decided about a month ago to kick my activity up a notch and see if I can lose some weight through diet and walking.

I have cut out eating bread, potatoes and pasta. Not 100%, but at least by 90%. I also drastically reduced sugar consumption and walk 2-3 miles 4-5 days a week and have dropped 11 pounds from 191 to 180 with a goal of 170-175.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I retired 3 years ago from a physically active job and while I have stayed fairly active, but not like when I was working. I am 66 and have the old man belly. When I got on Medicare w/ a supplement I decided it was time to put this old car in the shop and get checked out. After tons of medical tests with surprisingly good results I decided about a month ago to kick my activity up a notch and see if I can lose some weight through diet and walking.

I have cut out eating bread, potatoes and pasta. Not 100%, but at least by 90%. I also drastically reduced sugar consumption and walk 2-3 miles 4-5 days a week and have dropped 11 pounds from 191 to 180 with a goal of 170-175.
I’m hard core Keto, my wife has lost weight just because there isn’t any starch at our shared meals.