What's new

Boveda Smart Sensor

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great product only
Issue I’m having is I’m getting different readings from my other hygrometers. I put my smart sensor and caliber IV inside a calibration kit and they’re spot on 75. When they’re in my humidor the smart sensor shows 68-69 but my caliber iv reads 65 dead on. It’s crazy but idk what’s wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping to order one of these in the next week or so. I appreciate all the info y'all are sharing here. As my collection grows I see the value in keeping a closer eye on things.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These new products amaze me but I still have to ask "what's the value of watching your humidity and temperatures so closely" I'm in my humidors pretty often and never seem to see any more then a couple % points of movement.
I have a SensorPush but it works similar to the Boveda. You ask, what is the value? While I can’t speak for all users, I don’t sit around watching my SensorPush. I set it and forget it. The value is, it notifies me if something is out of whack. That’s temp and humidity. You set your temp and humidity range and as long as the temp and humidity stays between your upper and lower set points it just sits there, gathers data and sends it to my iPhone. Now, if it gets hot, it sets off an alert. Too dry or too moist, it sets off an alert.

Right now, because it is winter in MN, I’m running two, 72%, Boveda 320 gram packs. The SensorPush tells me my humidity for the past week was a low of 68.3% to a high of 69.5% RH, average is 68.9%. When the SensorPush tells me my humidor begins to consistently average over 70.5% to 71%, I will snitch out the 72% Boveda to 69% packs.

I got the SensorPush because I needed a hygrometer. The price difference between a good digital hygrometer and a SensorPush unit isn’t very big so I’m a technology guy so I went new school. I like how it alerts me and I can forget about checking my humidor. It’s the nature of the concept of the ‘Internet of Things.’ Your home thermostat, burglar alarms, doorbell, security cams, light bulbs, garage door opener, microwave, range, refrigerator, TV, audio system, car and on and on can all be connected and controlled from your smartphone. So why not your humidor?

If you don’t need a new one and you’re satisfied with what you have it doesn’t make much sense to buy a remote sensor type hygrometer.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great product only
Issue I’m having is I’m getting different readings from my other hygrometers. I put my smart sensor and caliber IV inside a calibration kit and they’re spot on 75. When they’re in my humidor the smart sensor shows 68-69 but my caliber iv reads 65 dead on. It’s crazy but idk what’s wrong.
I do know my SensorPush needs to have the corner with the hole to be positioned so air can circulate into the unit so the sensor can read properly. When I calibrated it with a Boveda calibration kit I got goofy calibration readings until I stood it up vertically in the bag. It then settled the down the readings to be more consistent. In my humidor I have the sensor on the bottom and in the middle of the humidor. Plus I make sure it is vertical and the hole is not being obstructed by a cigar. It makes a difference.

Also, if the two units are not side by side, there could well be a different reading in the humidor. The RH of the cigars around the device can impact humidity rates and proximity to the humidity source can factor into different RH readings even in a small humidor especially if it is made of wood. Plastic containers will be more consistent.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Great product only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same thing with one of my Smart Sensors. 75% in the calibration bag, but 68% in a tupperdor with 65% Bovedas. Running a two point calibration seems to have cleared that up, it reads right on now.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
These products are not a necessity, but they are pretty cool and convenient.

1. Historical data and trends can help easily identify types/quantities of humification media that is or isn't working for your humidor.

2. Reasonable accuracy for a low price, that is also calibrateable and adjustable.

3. Boveda app is not bad if u like auto ordering.

4. The discount of the humidity pack and calibration kit when you a order kit.

5. Reminders when we get really busy and may not be paying as much attention as we otherwise would be.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I really like the Smart Sensor I picked one up a couple months ago. Definitely not a necessity, but extremely convenient to let me know if I ever have issues with one of my storage spots. I typically leave it in my nicer humidor with my better sticks, but have found it really helpful when I am seasoning a new humidor to make sure it is holding RH properly and to make sure my tupperdores aren't getting too high RH-wise. I havent come across battery issues yet, maybe that will happen next month. I like the interface though, haven't had issues with that and really like the history and the ability to monitor my humidors. I only have one sensor so I typically will switch up where I put it once in a while for a few days to make sure my other humidors/tupperdores are doing what they are supposed to. Worth the investment I think.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OK this is going to sound dumb. But, I just got my smart sensor and put it through one stage calibration in the 75% bag and it reads 76%. Am I supposed to do something now or just it should know that it is reading high and adjust itself. Or am I supposed to now set a -1% offset throw it in the humidor and call it good?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK this is going to sound dumb. But, I just got my smart sensor and put it through one stage calibration in the 75% bag and it reads 76%. Am I supposed to do something now or just it should know that it is reading high and adjust itself. Or am I supposed to now set a -1% offset throw it in the humidor and call it good?
Once the calibration is complete, the app automatically adjusts for the difference. If you let it run the full 24 hour calibration, you’re done. 75 rh rearing will be 75 rh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would assume it calibrates within the iOS or Android app probably in the set-up. I would think someone has posted a YouTube how to video if you lost the start-up instructions. I'm pretty sure it ships with one calibration kit. Boveda says Accuracy of the sensor:
  • +/- 4% RH out of the box
  • With 1 point calibration it drops to +/- 2.5% RH
  • 2 point calibration is +/- 1.5% RH

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
thats odd then. Cause it finished the calibration and still reads 76%. Huh.

Oh well, the two step unit arrived today so Ill try to do that and see. I just figured I was missing something....