What's new

Box Didn't Pass Verification ...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm starting to wonder about our boy over there in HK as well to tell ya the truth. Just got a box of Bolivar PC's in. Only 10 of the sticks have triple caps. Either the roller was lazy AF or these are not authentic..... been buying from him for years though. The cazadores I just got in look legit so I think I may just chalk up the Bolivar's to a lazy few rollers... But I'm suspicious now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stand corrected. My other orders have had much more recent date codes.
As far as not asking for sources here, that's frowned upon, and since I'm new here I'll bide my time. I'm not interested in the down under board for just the reasons you mentioned.

I didn't expect my account to be deleted, but it is what it is. I don't know if I would have placed additional orders but that decision was made for me. I'll post an update if he gives me a refund.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When is Eric going to do an IP dump to find out who these gimmicks really belong to. :rolleyes:
Ehh this one might have legs... I ended up with a sub par box of COROs and had bad CS when they double shipped... they are great until they aren't anymore.

Buying from Euro LCDHs isn't all that bad either...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he is giving you the run around and he deleted you from the website.

Take it to the credit card company and find another vendor tho. You will get your money back.
wouldn't taking it to the credit card company, if it's US based, raise any legal issues?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
concerning your "envelope", which country was it mailed from?
I needed to edit this. I'm not exactly sure what country my envelope was mailed from. I had 4 packages from overseas when I returned home. Only 1 was the cigars. I thought they were all china post. I was probably mistaken.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mailed the box back to the address I was given. I'll update with whether the refund comes voluntarily or whether I needed to file a chargeback.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I stopped buying from Ravi for this reason and for general quality issues (mold in many boxes, specifically). If you want the cheapest thing, or to request one of his older boxes that who knows what the quality is going to be, have at it. But I consider dealing with him to be a gamble at best.

Now the fake barcode thing? THAT is way past basic customer service or quality issues. If true, it casts doubt on that whole operation.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I stopped buying from Ravi for this reason and for general quality issues (mold in many boxes, specifically). If you want the cheapest thing, or to request one of his older boxes that who knows what the quality is going to be, have at it. But I consider dealing with him to be a gamble at best.

Now the fake barcode thing? THAT is way past basic customer service or quality issues. If true, it casts doubt on that whole operation.
Thanks for your input. We appreciate it.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Thanks for your input. We appreciate it.
Hey, Chuck I have an idea for you: stop. You have been creeping on every post I make for a few weeks now and I'm sick of it. I have been contacted by more than one BOTL who's seen your shit and told me you have a habit of doing this here and on Facebook too. Stop, or I'll get the mods involved.

Edited by Angry Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Hey, Chuck I have an idea for you: back the fuck off. You have been creeping on every post I make for a few weeks now and I'm fucking sick of it. I have been contacted by more than one BOTL who's seen your shit and told me you have a habit of doing this here and on Facebook too. Fuck off, or I'll get the mods involved.
LOL

I was thanking you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OP is a bit of a disappointing surprise. Unless I've got the wrong site, looks like cigar inspector would have pretty good feedback for this site. I hardly looked at reviews of all sites, but of the ones from HK, this site would have the best ratio of good to bad feedback of the 3 in HK I looked at, and better than the others I looked at outside of HK.

edit: Just reread this. OP usually means "original poster". I used it to mean "original post". I'm sure most of you got that. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I was disappointed with the experience he had in the original post, not the original poster :)

Last edited:

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Sucks to hear your shipment didn't go well mate.

I've purchased from there probably 20 times now and never had a drama, I'm really surprised they deleted your account though, be interested to see what happens there and if you get a response.

Following!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My experience from r*** ( vendor in Hong Kong )I've brought 4 x 10 Ct boxes .... I've been sent codes/lists and have picked what box I wanted and has always arrived, along with decent packaging, actually nearly forgot I've been sent a cigar stand , cigar ash tray, and a double finger case, at random for no reason too . This all over the last 2yrs. I've got nothing but good to say about him and his service towards me.

Recently I purchased a 15ct box of HDM petit robs @ usd$59 ( a steal) them later revealing they'd stuffed up on the price but were going to be honoring my purchase (which has been sent and should arrive anyday now - hope I havnt just jinxed myself )

I'll be following along also as this seems out of character , I'm only speaking from my experiences though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I've had decent luck from the vendor mentioned other than some issues with cracked feet on some Siglo IV last summer.
I do wonder if he's having shipping issues as well since I'm getting close to 30 days on one order. I hope it shows up in the next few days and I wish tracking was provided.

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I've had decent luck from the vendor mentioned other than some issues with cracked feet on some Siglo IV last summer.
I do wonder if he's having shipping issues as well since I'm getting close to 30 days on one order. I hope it shows up in the next few days and I wish tracking was provided.
I had two boxes go missing from a January order. They were reshipped on 2/24 - (still waiting on this replacement order to arrive)The other orders from him have arrived exactly 10 business days from ship date.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I had two boxes go missing from a January order. They were reshipped on 2/24 - (still waiting on this replacement order to arrive)The other orders from him have arrived exactly 10 business days from ship date.
Last summer they were taking about 3 weeks to arrive. This one shipped close to yours (2/21) so I'll cross my fingers that they make it. If not, in sure he will make it right.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why is it so hard to deal with Vendors who treat their consumers like shit? First of all....for those who purchase CC's...don't use MO's or anything else where you don't have recourse if things go wrong. I've always used a credit card that will let you dispute ANY charge...doesn't matter if it's CC's out of anywhere. I have a great card that I've had to use 3 times in 17 years for when I bought my CC's ( or washing machines to dishwashers ) and what you have to do is go through the hurdles of exchanging emails/pics to verify that you have tried to make contact with the Vendor to straighten things out. If the Vendor becomes an asshole then you make the dispute and you'll usually get your credit back within 24 to 48 hours. They will send you paperwork to dispute the case but you've already done your homework by then and have all emailings/phone calls/pics etc.

Secondly....the Credit Card Manufacturer could give a ratshole what you bought or where you bought it from....they basically don't want to know or they could care less as it's all about fraudulent purchases to them. As long as you aren't buying nuclear bomb material or funding ISIS you can buy whatever you want.

Ravi has enjoyed good relations with a lot of buyers but in the last year I have been reading way too much negative press and I don't personally buy or use him to expedite my purchases and I use 2 people that I have bought from for decades....they are instructed to open the box...inspect them...and put them back into a box that isn't labeled Cuban Cigars and for this I tell them to keep one cigar for their own personal use. I have them un band them and sent to me separately as I don't give a hoot about boxes.....I smoke cigars and not boxes. So far I'm batting a 1000 and this is the only way I do business anymore because I am always reading about threads like this. Find a reputable company....talk with a Rep. who has worked at this company for years and have his phone number...email address and establish a good relationship so that you aren't getting all anxious ridden over your orders. I know my tastes well enough along with the brand cigar that if there were any fakes I'll know it right away and then I would let my Rep. know and so far....no problems over the last 15 years or so. Remember....don't leave things to chance...we're talking about an industry that has so much corruption in it that every other monkeys uncle is always talking about being ripped off by XYZ company....what should I do....where do I go to cry....what if doesn't look like a real CC....what if my box looks like it came through Afghanistan with holes in it and the paperwork or code is torn off....whaaaaaaaaa. Give at least some due diligence to ensuring that what you are buying is real and not from Achmed or Zmed or some other 'med' who could care less about your order. ( mini rant over )